300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit......
    Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks. So basically just work at a fast pace and you'll be fine? You said it's basically easy, just time is the factor so I take it each question is close to an entire page in length in the SBSA booklet or less than an entire page?

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
      Somechicagodude, incorrect info is being given once again. The SBSA-LEO exam is 30 questions, 4 parts per question, so it is essentially 120 questions. I guess you could say it's "easy", but time is the factor. They give you 45:00 minutes to get it done. I would consider myself a pretty smart guy (lol) and I needed EXACTLY 45:00 minutes to finish, as I was filling in the last scantron circle when they were yelling pens down. I would say that a lot to most people don't finish all 120 answers. From what I am hearing there are a lot of people that fail this part altogether.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

It is not a "complicated" test per se, just one that will require you to sort of take your time, if that's even possible to read each question and the answers and make a good decision. And yes, questions are like a paragraph with multiple choice answers. There is not much more I can say at the moment, just try and do your best, but yes, work as fast as you possibly can.

Comment

Does your sit ups have to be hands behind head interlocked or can they just be left on your head without your hands coming off?

Comment

@ showtime0811 interlocked is what they told me when I did mine

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
              Waiting for Sunday for the physical ability test and SBSA exam.
              Same here

Comment

Edit......
                Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  Can you guys give a couple different types of questions I can expect to encounter during the SBSA exam and the possible options for that question? I believe I took the SBSA exam back in May but I wanted to make sure. Also @aliera you mentioned that there are 35 questions and we have 45 minutes exactly? Thanks in advance gents.
                  30 questions in 45 minutes.
                  It's not hard. I really guess like 4 questions because I didn't have more time left. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                    Here is the 419 page County thread, it's right on the first page of the Illinois topics.

http://forums.officer.com/t135213-419/ (12/2009 - Cook County Sheriff's/Correctional Officers)
                    Yeah that's the one that survived but the original 2014 one went missing :l

Comment

What time do you have for Sunday? Double header for me this weekend. Warrenville PD now and CCSD tomorrow. Fun!

Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                      Same here
                      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                        Glad you passed! I would start right away on the background package. The actual packet should take no more than 2 hours to complete, the hard part is getting all the outside information(references, employment verification letters, transcripts, birth certificate, etc)

I turn mine in October 22, 12 days from now.
                        What was the date of your physical and sbsa? I have something going on next month that's super important and I'm freaking out I'll have to miss it because of the packet turn in date they'll give me. Just trying to gauge a potential timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                          What was the date of your physical and sbsa? I have something going on next month that's super important and I'm freaking out I'll have to miss it because of the packet turn in date they'll give me. Just trying to gauge a potential timeline.
                          September 28, then I got an email a couple days later saying that I passed and have to turn in BP on October 22. So expect to turn in BP about 20-30 days after the physical.

Comment

Don't sweat it, the SBSA is easy as hell, just take the whole test with this approach in order(confront the problem first, ask/tell fellow officers/supervisers, dont do nothing at all)

POWER consists of 24 situps in 1 minute with your partner sitting on your legs, then a 52% bodyweight benchpress with a weird machine, then 22 laps around a full court basketball court. Keep an eye on the clock in the gym. Your trainer will tell you when you have 2-4 laps remaining, as soon as he does youll be able to bust *** for the rest since you know your close.

You got this bro.
                            arbiter7,

this is the approach i took and it didnt go well for me, anyone else got input on taking the sbsa?

Comment

Originally posted by rochar7 View Post
                              arbiter7,

this is the approach i took and it didnt go well for me, anyone else got input on taking the sbsa?
                              It's exactly the approach I took and I passed. Are you sure you took the test correctly? Because at first I was taking it wrong and I re-corrected everything, it was a bit tricky since they weren't clear at explaining it...

Don't do nothing at all always comes last, at least that's obvious. That leaves you with 3 other choices to rate, and it will almost always be either two "tell/ask supervisor" and one "ask/tell fellow officers" or two "ask/tell fellow officers" and one "tell/ask supervisor".

Granted, there were a couple questions that were different, like rating choices on what to do when you pull someone over for a missing license plate sticker or something.

When did you take your SBSA?

Comment

It's exactly the approach I took and I passed. Are you sure you took the test correctly? Because at first I was taking it wrong and I re-corrected everything, it was a bit tricky since they weren't clear at explaining it...

Don't do nothing at all always comes last, at least that's obvious. That leaves you with 3 other choices to rate, and it will almost always be either two "tell/ask supervisor" and one "ask/tell fellow officers" or two "ask/tell fellow officers" and one "tell/ask supervisor".

Granted, there were a couple questions that were different, like rating choices on what to do when you pull someone over for a missing license plate sticker or something.

When did you take your SBSA?
                                lol exactly do nothing is obviously last, im pretty sure i was doing it right. it wasnt that hard to understand, Although i shouldnt say that since i did fail it. just looking to see if i was on the right track the first time with how the order goes. i asked a few CO's and they said that telling the superior officer is first choice, think chain of command which is how i thought. but the instructions say not to think like a cop since your not a cop. eh hopefully second time is a charm just sucks i gotta start from scratch again. i took my test 9/07 you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9600 users online. 493 members and 9107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X