300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    Good job and enjoy the PHQ. I know I'm just having a blast filling mine out.
    Well im still young and havent had too many jobs and they've all been pretty much small buisness so hopefully i don't have no trouble

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
      What was the date that you took the SBSA?
      The 12th at 10.30

Comment

• So far so good at this background package thing. Only been here for an hour and a half and we are almost done with everything. The head detective said there is a turnaround time of 90 days and that we would hopefully be in the Academy around January-March. I'm highly sceptical of that but it is what it is.

Comment

• Got the email as well. Background packet turn in Nov 6th at 7:30 am. It says if my birth certificate is foreign it needs to be translated by an official translator? Haha crap I don't even know what that means. This should be a fun 2 weeks.

Comment

• @je_23 if you don't mind. Could you post you CCDOC timeline ????

Comment

• Since I missed my initial date for packet drop off, I've finally received my rescheduled date. Nov 13th at 7:30am. It's a good thing I'm about 85% done with the packet and just need to collect the supporting documents. If I can't get a hold of my DD214, does anyone know what equivalent document the Merit Board might accept? I was thinking along the lines of my finals orders to return home with the signature of the CO? They are going to check my background, so that's going to pop up anyhow.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                @je_23 if you don't mind. Could you post you CCDOC timeline ????
                6/1/14 applied
                7/17/14 written exam
                8/17/14 sbsa and physical
                9/9/14 packet drop off
                9/18/14 met BI
                10/6/14 certified
                10/25/14 poly

Comment

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

6/02/14 Apply
                  7/17/14 Written exam
                  8/17/14 Physical ability exam,sbsa exam
                  9/12/14 Background package turn in,drug test,fingerprints
                  9/18/14 Interview BI
                  ??/??/?? Cert letter
                  ??/??/?? Polygraph

I was right behind you. But as you could see you drop your package off couple days earlier then me. But we had same interview with BI. Everyone has diff process. I'm hoping getting my cert this week. If not, I will be calling my BI next Monday.
                  Last edited by aliera; 10-22-2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by je_23 View Post
                    6/1/14 applied
                    7/17/14 written exam
                    8/17/14 sbsa and physical
                    9/9/14 packet drop off
                    9/18/14 met BI
                    10/6/14 certified
                    10/25/14 poly

When you met the BI, did you discuss your packet? Or is it a completely different thing? My confirmation email stated interview and PHQ. Two birds with one stone, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                      When you met the BI, did you discuss your packet? Or is it a completely different thing? My confirmation email stated interview and PHQ. Two birds with one stone, maybe?
                      No that's how it is for everyone. when you turn in your packets it's really just the drug test finger printing and turn in your background packet then they tell you, you will get a call and after you finally get the call from investigator then meet him ( that's the interview).

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                        Got the email as well. Background packet turn in Nov 6th at 7:30 am. It says if my birth certificate is foreign it needs to be translated by an official translator? Haha crap I don't even know what that means. This should be a fun 2 weeks.
                        I had to do the same thing for Rockford PD. Its a certified English translation and comes with a seal. I can check later when I get home what company I used. Quick turn around and cost me like $30

Comment

• Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
                          I had to do the same thing for Rockford PD. Its a certified English translation and comes with a seal. I can check later when I get home what company I used. Quick turn around and cost me like $30
                          Oh awesome, thank you. Are you Polish by any chance?

And to those who have had the post packet interview, did your BI call and schedule something with you or did they simply give you a set date to show up? I got lucky my drop off is before my trip but I'll be gone for 3 days the following week so I hope I don't have to meet very soon. I don't suppose it would make a difference to tell the Merit Board when I give them my packet would it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                            Since I missed my initial date for packet drop off, I've finally received my rescheduled date. Nov 13th at 7:30am. It's a good thing I'm about 85% done with the packet and just need to collect the supporting documents. If I can't get a hold of my DD214, does anyone know what equivalent document the Merit Board might accept? I was thinking along the lines of my finals orders to return home with the signature of the CO? They are going to check my background, so that's going to pop up anyhow.
                            You cant get onto your iperms?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what they ask your references. I need to know so i know who i can put to best answer them

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
                                Oh awesome, thank you. Are you Polish by any chance?

And to those who have had the post packet interview, did your BI call and schedule something with you or did they simply give you a set date to show up? I got lucky my drop off is before my trip but I'll be gone for 3 days the following week so I hope I don't have to meet very soon. I don't suppose it would make a difference to tell the Merit Board when I give them my packet would it?

No problem.. Yea I am polish

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4672 users online. 260 members and 4412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X