Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
    Thursday 10/30. You?
    I haven't gotten a SBSA pass e-mail yet but I took and passed the physical this past Sunday as well. I'm going on a trip mid-November and crossing my fingers my turn in date (assuming I passed) isn't when I'm planning to be gone.

Your date is outrageously soon, though. From what I've read on timelines everyone else on here has had to turn in their packet 3 1/2 to 4 weeks after the SBSA/physical.

But not like it's a bad thing. I'd love to get an e-mail tomorrow and turn in all my crap before this month and keep this thing going!

Comment

• Yeah I agree it is very soon for me. But tell me what you think at my timeline with Cook County Sherrif's Department. Take a gander over here at this:

08/19 - filled out and submitted online application

08/22 - notified via email of written exam scheduled for 09/03

09/03 - took and passed written exam

09/12 - notified by email I passed written and given date for physical ability & SBSA exam for 10/12

10/12 - passed physical ability and took SBSA exam

10/15 - notified by email for the date and time to turn in background investigation packet (which means I passed my SBSA) including PHQ, and other documents, forms and ID's they requested for 10/30

10/30 - meet with the merit board to turn in BI packet and forms.

I'm not sure if I'm being rushed through quickly or if this is considered the norm for a timeline with their hiring process.

Originally posted by Madmatt1144 View Post
      I haven't gotten a SBSA pass e-mail yet but I took and passed the physical this past Sunday as well. I'm going on a trip mid-November and crossing my fingers my turn in date (assuming I passed) isn't when I'm planning to be gone.

Your date is outrageously soon, though. From what I've read on timelines everyone else on here has had to turn in their packet 3 1/2 to 4 weeks after the SBSA/physical.

But not like it's a bad thing. I'd love to get an e-mail tomorrow and turn in all my crap before this month and keep this thing going!
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• Somechicago dude, my time line is EXACTLY yours time wise, one day shy of two months from taking the written to packet drop off. Now all of the sudden it slowed down and I have been waiting just shy of a month for my BI call.

Comment

• Sone chicago dude. I have the same exact dates as you the only thing is i havent been notified as to if i passed my sbsa yet... im hoping that monday or tuesday they email me or im going to call in to see whats going with it... did you take ypur physical at 10.30 or at the one before that?

Comment

• Does anyone know if they do background checks on references? I want to put one of my best friends for my personal but he has some stuff on his record, would that affect anything or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
              Does anyone know if they do background checks on references? I want to put one of my best friends for my personal but he has some stuff on his record, would that affect anything or no?
              They didnt for mine. Just called and asked questions about me and then submitted my paperwork. Wonder if the next guy who handles it does tho...
              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• They don't run background on references.

Comment

• No I had 07:30 as my time for my SBSA and physical.

Originally posted by jay-m View Post
                  Sone chicago dude. I have the same exact dates as you the only thing is i havent been notified as to if i passed my sbsa yet... im hoping that monday or tuesday they email me or im going to call in to see whats going with it... did you take ypur physical at 10.30 or at the one before that?
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                    They didnt for mine. Just called and asked questions about me and then submitted my paperwork. Wonder if the next guy who handles it does tho...
                    Sweet, even if they do though it shouldn't matter right because I'm not the one with the record lol ^.^

Comment

• If someone had been denied for their FOID card and they were in appeal process with the State police and finally granted to have a FOID. Would that disqualify you from being hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                        Sweet, even if they do though it shouldn't matter right because I'm not the one with the record lol ^.^
                        guilty by association. it's how they might see it.

Comment

• Hello,

If for whatever reason one can't obtian a employement verification letter from previous employer still in business. What other forms are exepted?

Comment

• I just got my cert letter.....now what?

Comment

• Here's an update about my situation.

After missing my packet drop off due to not receiving an email notification; I called the investigator 3 times and finally was able to speak to her over the phone. She told me she sent my file to the higher ups to have my appointment rescheduled. So, it appears I'm back on track, but I've been pushed back a few weeks. Moral of the story, CALL CALL CALL!

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                                I just got my cert letter.....now what?
                                Got wait for the polygraph.
                                I hope I get my cert letter this week

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8917 users online. 432 members and 8485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X