300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Cook County Sheriffs

Don't know where the original thread went, I assume it got deleted with the whole database fiasco going on with this site.

Congrats to those who got the call this week!

Still awaiting my SBSA pass/fail :/ well I did pass but just awaiting the next email!!!

Comment

Waiting for Sunday for the physical ability test and SBSA exam.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe_chicago View Post
        Still awaiting my SBSA pass/fail :/ well I did pass but just awaiting the next email!!!
        Wait how do you know you passed if you didn't get the email? If you didn't get an email within 7 days of taking the SBSA you either failed or got lost in the shuffle. I remember the guy saying that if you didn't get an email you probably failed. When did you take your SBSA?

Comment

Guys why do we need another thread about county? There is the two hundred something post still there, it gets confusing with all these threads.

Comment

Don't sweat it, the SBSA is easy as hell, just take the whole test with this approach in order(confront the problem first, ask/tell fellow officers/supervisers, dont do nothing at all)

POWER consists of 24 situps in 1 minute with your partner sitting on your legs, then a 52% bodyweight benchpress with a weird machine, then 22 laps around a full court basketball court. Keep an eye on the clock in the gym. Your trainer will tell you when you have 2-4 laps remaining, as soon as he does youll be able to bust *** for the rest since you know your close.

You got this bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
              Guys why do we need another thread about county? There is the two hundred something post still there, it gets confusing with all these threads.
              Thats the CPD thread, the original 2014 CCSD thread got deleted, probably because of the database issues going on with the site. So I made a new one because the other one was still highly active.

Check your post history, when I checked mine I couldn't find any of my posts in the other thread, same thing with my likes. Bummer :/

There were only two threads regarding CCSD, one was for the 2009 applicants which somehow survived, and the other was the 2014 applicants which got deleted completely.

Comment

Yea I like having a 2014 thread, our process is different (faster)

Comment

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                  Wait how do you know you passed if you didn't get the email? If you didn't get an email within 7 days of taking the SBSA you either failed or got lost in the shuffle. I remember the guy saying that if you didn't get an email you probably failed. When did you take your SBSA?
                  I called the MB a couple days ago and they looked me up. Told me I passed and that they're just waiting to send out the emails for a new PHQ packet turn in date and to start working on mine while I wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe_chicago View Post
                    I called the MB a couple days ago and they looked me up. Told me I passed and that they're just waiting to send out the emails for a new PHQ packet turn in date and to start working on mine while I wait.
                    Glad you passed! I would start right away on the background package. The actual packet should take no more than 2 hours to complete, the hard part is getting all the outside information(references, employment verification letters, transcripts, birth certificate, etc)

I turn mine in October 22, 12 days from now.

Comment

Here is the 419 page County thread, it's right on the first page of the Illinois topics.

http://forums.officer.com/t135213-419/ (12/2009 - Cook County Sheriff's/Correctional Officers)

Comment

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                        Thats the CPD thread, the original 2014 CCSD thread got deleted, probably because of the database issues going on with the site. So I made a new one because the other one was still highly active.

Check your post history, when I checked mine I couldn't find any of my posts in the other thread, same thing with my likes. Bummer :/

There were only two threads regarding CCSD, one was for the 2009 applicants which somehow survived, and the other was the 2014 applicants which got deleted completely.
                        Aja now I see. I was confuse to

Comment

Can you guys give a couple different types of questions I can expect to encounter during the SBSA exam and the possible options for that question? I believe I took the SBSA exam back in May but I wanted to make sure. Also @aliera you mentioned that there are 35 questions and we have 45 minutes exactly? Thanks in advance gents.
                          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            Can you guys give a couple different types of questions I can expect to encounter during the SBSA exam and the possible options for that question? I believe I took the SBSA exam back in May but I wanted to make sure. Also @aliera you mentioned that there are 35 questions and we have 45 minutes exactly? Thanks in advance gents.
                            30 questions 45 min

Comment

Somechicagodude, incorrect info is being given once again. The SBSA-LEO exam is 30 questions, 4 parts per question, so it is essentially 120 questions. I guess you could say it's "easy", but time is the factor. They give you 45:00 minutes to get it done. I would consider myself a pretty smart guy (lol) and I needed EXACTLY 45:00 minutes to finish, as I was filling in the last scantron circle when they were yelling pens down. I would say that a lot to most people don't finish all 120 answers. From what I am hearing there are a lot of people that fail this part altogether.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9095 users online. 417 members and 8678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X