X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by fmcorr3 View Post
    scotty_appleton814 I got an email saying that the test dates for June were canceled. Do I have to reapply fo whenever the new test date is? Also, any idea when it might be?
    If your application was already completed, you will not have to reapply. You will be contacted for most likely July test dates. As with every kind of interaction that in covid-19, I'm the City is just trying conduct the testing process in the safest manner. With that being said, we are still hiring, will eventually test, and when our list in published a few people will be called almost immediately. These are just strange times and every PD that's in an application period. Just be patient and keep driving on.

Leave a comment:

• fmcorr3
    replied
    scotty_appleton814 I got an email saying that the test dates for June were canceled. Do I have to reapply fo whenever the new test date is? Also, any idea when it might be?

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    The first test date of April 4th has been cancelled also. I am sure we will make that test date up though.

• Fulano de Tal
    commented on 's reply
    any word on the possible affect for test dates?

• Rf4
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the update. I was looking forward to attending this event. Hopefully, it gets rescheduled soon.

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I am very sad to report that our two open house events on March 14th and 21th have been canceled. If we do end up rescheduling, I will let you all know as promptly as possible. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Anyone here planning on going to the Open House events this Saturday and next Saturday????

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Bump............

Leave a comment:

• dbland128
    commented on 's reply
    I will be there!

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    This is a flyer to one of our recruiting events. This is a open house that all prospective applicants are welcome to attend. You can get exposure to all of the special divisions we offer and have your answers about our hiring process answered in person. This event will be held at the Elgin Police Department on Saturday, March 14st from 0900-1200. Spread the word.

I know that Saturdays are normally police applicant exam testing days, but find some time and come to one or both of these events. I really feel like someone reading this post is going to the person I am going to do their background investigation on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    This is a flyer to one of our recruiting events. This is a conversation about Women in Law Enforcement that will be led by our Chief. Yes this is an event geared towards women, but all are welcome. This event will be held at the Elgin Police Department on Saturday, March 21st from 1200-1400. Spread the word.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 02-21-2020, 09:15 AM. Reason: More information.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Greetings all,

As we begin to kick our next round of recruiting efforts into high gear I will try my best to share information about my department that people may be interested in.

I will start this off by listing the link to the EPD recruiting page. I will try to attach flyers here if I can figure out how to make the file smaller. Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from a lot of you.

https://www.cityofelgin.org/1943/Pol...cation-Process
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 02-21-2020, 11:37 AM. Reason: Added flyer

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    PM sent Impala

• impala_ws6
    replied
    I read a while back that Elgin was planing on opening up part-time positions. Did that ever happened?

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Continued

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    REMINDER:
    You must fill out an application with the City of Elgin regardless of which testing
    option you choose. We will issue the $10.00 voucher for use with taking the written exam with
    National Testing Network, Inc if that is the option you choose, but you must request and receive
    the voucher in advance of you registering and paying for the exam with the National Testing
    Network.

If you decide to take the test at the City of Elgin Police Department there is no charge. You will
    receive an email with instructions on how to register for the test within 48-72 hours of
    submitting your application.
    For more information on our police department visit us on:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElginPolice/
    Frequently Asked Questions: http://il-elgin3.civicplus.com/FAQ.aspx?TID=32
    APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
    http://www.cityofelgin.org
    City of Elgin
    150 Dexter Court
    Elgin, IL 60120
    847-931-6064
    847-931-5906 (F)
    Position #20200201-01
    POLICE OFFICER

I will post more information shortly and possibly edit this post. Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4110 users online. 281 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X