Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it makes you feel better. I scored a 80.80 on my written test and got hired? Vet pref helps once you pass.

Comment

• Where did you guys find the scores? I received the top60 email which was followed by a call from a investigator, but no list...

Comment

• **deleted**
        Last edited by ThinBlue404; 03-07-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThinBlue404 View Post
          Does Elgin give any preference points for certifieds? Also, is the list compiled based solely on the written test score and preference points, or does the interview play a part in the final ranking?
          Interview is big part of what the final score is. No pref for certifieds. If you did the test thru NTN your score was available same day wasn't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_girl View Post
            Where did you guys find the scores? I received the top60 email which was followed by a call from a investigator, but no list...
            Congrats to you. PM your investigators name.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten their result from background and scheduled an interview.

Comment

• *Crickets*

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                  Has anyone gotten their result from background and scheduled an interview.
                  Not yet on my end.

Comment

• Anyone here on the current Elgin list?

Comment

• Anyone know how many made the final list and what number they just hired? Trying to figure out how soon the list will be exhausted.

Comment

• Don't quote me, but from memory there were about 35 who made the list and I think number 5 and 6 just got hired for the academy. List will be exhausted by next spring, we will test around that time also.

Comment

• http://www.cityofelgin.org/index.aspx?NID=98

We have just opened up our application process. We are a bigger department with a ton of opportunity. Based on past practices, I can say that we can reasonably expect to hire at least 15-20 officers off of the upcoming two-year eligibility list which will post sometime around New Years 2019. If you have any questions, please feel free and PM me. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                            http://www.cityofelgin.org/index.aspx?NID=98

We have just opened up our application process. We are a bigger department with a ton of opportunity. Based on past practices, I can say that we can reasonably expect to hire at least 15-20 officers off of the upcoming two-year eligibility list which will post sometime around New Years 2019. If you have any questions, please feel free and PM me. Good luck to all.
                            I don't see where you can apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lastchance2017 View Post

I don't see where you can apply.
                              By clicking on the link that says APPLY in the announcement.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814 hows Elgin's work culture? I'm currently in the south suburbs but would be interested in a department like Elgin.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7586 users online. 393 members and 7193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X