X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lastchance2017
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

You don't stop applying once you get a conditional offer. You cant stop applying until you get a final offer and are actually hired on somewhere. Even if you received a conditional offer at (hypothetically) the 4 depts you applied at and you stopped applying and taking new tests. What are you gonna do if you failed the psych exam at all 4? You would be back at square one, and you don't want to go back to square one. So until you get final offer in hand, you keep applying. Shotgun everywhere and land wherever you get a hit at.
    Is final offer the same as when you actually get sent to academy? Sorry this is completely new to me. I have been scheduled for my poly. Im praying I can get pysch and then I assume an offer would be made once I pass those? Not even sure. I was told they are hiring 2 and I am #2.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by Lastchance2017 View Post

I'm sorry I think I came off wrong. I only said any dept would be lucky to have me because I am so passionate and very ready to be a police officer. I wasn't trying to brag or boast about myself. I am the most humble person you'll ever meet. I won't stop taking tests or applying even though I am in backgrounds. Until I get a conditional offer. This is literally what I pray for every single night. I would be privileged to work for Elgin
    You don't stop applying once you get a conditional offer. You cant stop applying until you get a final offer and are actually hired on somewhere. Even if you received a conditional offer at (hypothetically) the 4 depts you applied at and you stopped applying and taking new tests. What are you gonna do if you failed the psych exam at all 4? You would be back at square one, and you don't want to go back to square one. So until you get final offer in hand, you keep applying. Shotgun everywhere and land wherever you get a hit at.

Leave a comment:

• Lastchance2017
    replied

There is nothing wrong with being confident in your abilities. However I think you need to humble yourself. In this particular job field, no one cares about what you did before this job but we care about how you conduct yourself AS you are doing this job.

I wish you luck, but there are few exceptional candidates applying for our jobs. There are TONS of averagely qualified candidates. Which one are you? The numbers may not favor you being the former, but rather the latter.
    I'm sorry I think I came off wrong. I only said any dept would be lucky to have me because I am so passionate and very ready to be a police officer. I wasn't trying to brag or boast about myself. I am the most humble person you'll ever meet. I won't stop taking tests or applying even though I am in backgrounds. Until I get a conditional offer. This is literally what I pray for every single night. I would be privileged to work for Elgin

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Just applied! I am currently doing backgrounds with a PD but you never know and Im determined to be a police officer. Whoever hires me is truly lucky!
    There is nothing wrong with being confident in your abilities. However I think you need to humble yourself. In this particular job field, no one cares about what you did before this job but we care about how you conduct yourself AS you are doing this job.

I wish you luck, but there are few exceptional candidates applying for our jobs. There are TONS of averagely qualified candidates. Which one are you? The numbers may not favor you being the former, but rather the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Lastchance2017
    replied
    Just applied! I am currently doing backgrounds with a PD but you never know and Im determined to be a police officer. Whoever hires me is truly lucky!

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    Responded to your PM.

• Dukes33
    replied
    How many hours per shift does Elgin work and what’s the schedule like for patrol?

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by ChicagoBorn773 View Post
    scotty_appleton814 hows Elgin's work culture? I'm currently in the south suburbs but would be interested in a department like Elgin.
    Chicago born, a quick peek at our facebook page gives a nice look into what the culture at EPD is like. We are busy and allowed to be the police. Which suburb do you work at? If you have anything specific you want to know, please PM, I'm pretty available here to help with any questions.

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoBorn773
    replied
    scotty_appleton814 hows Elgin's work culture? I'm currently in the south suburbs but would be interested in a department like Elgin.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied

I don't see where you can apply.
    By clicking on the link that says APPLY in the announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Lastchance2017
    replied
    http://www.cityofelgin.org/index.aspx?NID=98

We have just opened up our application process. We are a bigger department with a ton of opportunity. Based on past practices, I can say that we can reasonably expect to hire at least 15-20 officers off of the upcoming two-year eligibility list which will post sometime around New Years 2019. If you have any questions, please feel free and PM me. Good luck to all.
    I don't see where you can apply.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    http://www.cityofelgin.org/index.aspx?NID=98

We have just opened up our application process. We are a bigger department with a ton of opportunity. Based on past practices, I can say that we can reasonably expect to hire at least 15-20 officers off of the upcoming two-year eligibility list which will post sometime around New Years 2019. If you have any questions, please feel free and PM me. Good luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Don't quote me, but from memory there were about 35 who made the list and I think number 5 and 6 just got hired for the academy. List will be exhausted by next spring, we will test around that time also.

Leave a comment:

• Gobears01
    replied
    Anyone know how many made the final list and what number they just hired? Trying to figure out how soon the list will be exhausted.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Anyone here on the current Elgin list?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10540 users online. 432 members and 10108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X