Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people in your experience usually get bumped?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people in your experience usually get bumped?

In the physical agility portion. If roughly 250 are there how many can you usually bank on to fail the physical. I haven't tested that many times so just curious

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
    In the physical agility portion. If roughly 250 are there how many can you usually bank on to fail the physical. I haven't tested that many times so just curious
    Usually about 40%, so if 250 people show up then 100 will fail. It's the running part that screws people over but surprisingly there are also a lot of people who can't do the situp or bench press portion as well. It really all depends per group.

Comment

At a test I recently took I saw one guy completely fail the bench. Thank goodness there were spotters! As for overall I think the previous mentioned 40% estimate is about right. There were significantly less people at the written portion as there were at the physical.

I did fine on everything but my run was not as good as a previous test I took. So I learned I need to add more cardio to my workout plan.

At the end it was a good experience and even if I do not make it through it was a nice evaluation of my fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
        Usually about 40%, so if 250 people show up then 100 will fail. It's the running part that screws people over but surprisingly there are also a lot of people who can't do the situp or bench press portion as well. It really all depends per group.
        Yea, 40-50% sounds about right
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

40%-50% ....yea I always preferred departments that conduct the POWER test before The Written.
          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I agree. I also can't stand the Dept's that don't require the power at all

Comment

Does getting your power card at Nipsta carry more weight than getting it at one of the community colleges?

Comment

Originally posted by H8use View Post
                Does getting your power card at Nipsta carry more weight than getting it at one of the community colleges?
                Nope. It carries about as much weight as where you buy your handcuff key. Look at NIPSTA more as a popular company that has a lock on the business. Great performance at NIPSTA versus bare minimum at JJC equals same credit.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
                  I agree. I also can't stand the Dept's that don't require the power at all
                  What difference does it make? If they don't pass one for the academy they won't get hired. And yes people pass the department power and turn around and fail at the academy. I suck at the sit and reach...like have to practice before the test for weeks but I could outrun and do more pushups than 60-70% of my class...AND I was older. Power test proves little.

Comment

Good info, thanks!

Comment

ISP does the tests in reverse, written first, then PFIT. I would say only 10-15% failed the PFIT portion, but I think a bunch got washed out in the written who would have also failed the physical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11400 users online. 518 members and 10882 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X