300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Okay, forgive me for getting a little ahead of myself but as some of you already know I had a final power test for the 2013 CPD list last weekend and we're waiting for the call for a tentative 9/29/14 academy class. So...what's a good district to train/learn police work in?

This is not an original question by any means. I came across a thread titled: "Best Training Districts" but it was posted 8 years ago and I wanted to hear some new feedback from either the Veteran Officers or even new Recruits that trained in different districts across the city. I've lived where 008 borders 007 my whole life. I would love to train there if it's even possible to in my home district. Whatever you could share is appreciated Thanks!
    Ok..so I'm a burb cop (dodges empty Miller Lite can thrown to my left) and a fairly young officer (dodges a half empty whiskey bottle thrown to my right) but I do want to say something. You will make your own experience more than the district or the FTO. The district could jump but you have an old dog FTO. The district could snooze but you have an FTO that's always digging and finding stuff. Since you have no control over who you are with and where you work, the one piece of advice you can't go very wrong with it KEEP THOSE EARS AND EYES OPEN. If they let you ask questions, ask them. Write them down as a matter of fact if you think you'll forget them. If you know older cops personally, run ideas and questions past them. You will be greatly surprised by how great some non cop looking officer is and then greatly disappointed by how much another guy who looks like a recruitment poster sucks. There is something to learn in both: what to do and why then what not to do and why. I will say this as my best takeway from guys who have worked the more frequently dangerous areas, they are generally a lot less anxious and you can learn a lot about what makes a good arrest versus what is pimpy. Some guys live to give Joe Blow a ridiculous ticket or ordinance violation. But that's just my take. I grew up in 007 myself.

Comment

Give that man a piece of Ukraine!

Comment

Thanks @Joe Snuffy . I appreciate all of the priceless info and great advice!
        Last edited by southpaw13; 09-16-2014, 03:22 PM. Reason: edited post

Comment

Well, I officially GOT THE CALL/EMAIL today!!! CPD Academy on 9/29. Still looking forward to the advice going forward...thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
            Every district is a training district now with the exception of 18 & 12 (due to no FTO's the last I heard). Other than that, if you live on the north side, your training districts are north side. South side is south side, and if you live in central, you can go either way.

25 was fun on mids for the record , lol.

In the academy , if you hold the Academic award, Range award or Physical Fitness, you can "choose" which districts you get. Other than that, everyone can select where they would LIKE to go. Just doesn't mean you'll get it.
            18 has two fto's.
            Go to 11 that is real fun and you'll see a lot of crazy stuff.
            Last edited by impala_ws6; 09-16-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
              Well, I officially GOT THE CALL/EMAIL today!!! CPD Academy on 9/29. Still looking forward to the advice going forward...thanks everyone!
              It's about doggone time. Just like with Raiden, I was like SOMEBODY...ANYBODY give this guy a job! Lol Congrats man. Kick some butt for your dad because you know he'd be proud!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                It's about doggone time. Just like with Raiden, I was like SOMEBODY...ANYBODY give this guy a job! Lol Congrats man. Kick some butt for your dad because you know he'd be proud!
                I will! Thank you! I know he would be. It just seems like forever because I have a million posts on here and annoy you guys all day lol. But I will say this: The hard work is beginning to pay off with a great future/career in law enforcement and I'm following my life-long dream. My family is proud and I look forward to serving this great city.
                Last edited by southpaw13; 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

003 Grand Crossing!

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                    Every district is a training district now with the exception of 18 & 12 (due to no FTO's the last I heard). Other than that, if you live on the north side, your training districts are north side. South side is south side, and if you live in central, you can go either way.

25 was fun on mids for the record , lol.

In the academy , if you hold the Academic award, Range award or Physical Fitness, you can "choose" which districts you get. Other than that, everyone can select where they would LIKE to go. Just doesn't mean you'll get it.
                    From my understanding 012 and 020 has no FTO's. On the other hand you don't get to pick the districts for training or the district of assignment (unless you're top award). What they do in the academy now is that they let recruits pick the area (North, Central, South) that they would like to get their training in, but that doesn't mean it will happen. I have seen people from south trained in 024 or northsiders going to 006.
                    You may get a good district but a sh**ty FTO and you won't learn anything. Each district has good and bad FTO's.

Comment

Some of the best Districts to learn to be the Police in are 003,004,005,006,007, 008,009, 010,011,015, 025. With 007,005,006,010,011 and 015 being the fastest. And living in an Area has no bearing on where you go. Those are Detective Areas.

Comment

Put me any were. I will proudly reperent CPD

Comment

^^represent *^^lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                            Some of the best Districts to learn to be the Police in are 003,004,005,006,007, 008,009, 010,011,015, 025. With 007,005,006,010,011 and 015 being the fastest. And living in an Area has no bearing on where you go. Those are Detective Areas.
                            Thanks for clarifying that! I'll will go where they need me and I look forward to it. As always I appreciate the info everyone!
                            Last edited by southpaw13; 09-21-2014, 11:58 PM. Reason: edited post

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                              I think 003 is busier than some of the districts you listed.

Comment

003 is busy, but we got 003 and lost 007 to A/2 with the realignment a few years back. 003 wasn't as busy as 007. I also worked 003 when we had Area Narc Units in the late 80's- early 90's. It was what I called "The Black Hole"- the land that time forgot. Some of the coppers were as bad as the offenders there. And 025? A few years back I never saw so many guys get jammed up or fired for on and off duty weird shiate than in 025. Might be something to it being built on some ancient Indian burial ground stuff..

And Joe Snuffy, I had worked with a guy in 007 whose family lived at 61st- Loomis. He was in 'Nam in the late 60's and came home on leave. He never got the mail from his folks and when he went to the house, found the neighborhood had changed and that they had moved. He knocked on doors on the block until he found one of the old residents that gave him a clue where they moved (farther west into 008.)
                                Last edited by ChiTownDet; 09-22-2014, 06:10 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4748 users online. 210 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X