300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illinois state exam?

my academy is coming to a end and the exam is very near..
    I've heard people say that there is no real way to study for it and most said they felt they failed when they were finished. id like to hear what your opinions are on this and if should study, what should I focus on that would have helped you during your test.

thanks

If your academy instructors didn't already tell you, there's about a 99% pass rate and you only need a 67% to "pass". Don't overthink it, just study as normal and don't cram like you would for a college exam because you'll just confuse your brain.
    Some people feel like they fail because that's just how test taking is meant to be haha. You'll be fine.

Comment

if you dont know the stuff by the 12th week, you cant help yourself.

Comment

Study your notebook from the last 12 weeks. All (or most ) of what you need to study is there.

Comment

Don't cram and don't over think it. If you haven't had consistent problems so far, you should be fine. The text is long so yes it is easy to feel like you did horrible. Pressure and stress wise, I think the written exams are worse. You can't prepare for those. This, you've already been preparing for the last few weeks. The odds are wildly in your favor you will do just fine.

Comment

Thanks all for the advice. I think it went well. Unfortunately the Training board said We won't know how I did for a week or so. It's going to be a long week!!

Comment

Yes. Yes it is. When we did the test, we had to wait 2 weeks and we didn't get the results until the end of the day on a Friday, lol. For that entire time, that exam, we failed, oh my god we will have to retake it, what do I do if I failed, I know I failed, etc was the talk of the class, lol.

Comment

Is it true they throw in field questions that don't count against you to see if they will put it in for a new test???

Comment

PASSED!! thanks all for the help. Its a huge relief to know everything is accomplished and I will be graduating the beginning of next month.

Comment

Did your department call for results? that was fast

Comment

I honestly believe some ppl including myself, can pass that test day 1 of the academy.
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

no my department got a letter with my certificate as well as a congratulatory letter enclosed.
                        im definitely not complaining. itwas a nerve racking few days regardless of how I felt when I turned my test in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6716 users online. 275 members and 6441 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X