Forum Member

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    I don't work for savage.
  • Bluestrong
    Forum Member

• Bluestrong
    commented on 's reply
    Well u responded so I guess I'm not alone..
    So can u answer my questions?
  • scotty_appleton814
    Forum Member

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Been over a year since a posting. Does that answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• Bluestrong
    Forum Member

• Bluestrong
    replied
    Is this thread still active? I have a few questions

Leave a comment:

• Bronze32
    Forum Member

• Bronze32
    replied
    Hopefully they’re hiring this go round.
    Bronze32
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Bronze32; 11-21-2018, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bronze32
    Forum Member

• Bronze32
    replied
    People definitely dwindled after the phsysical, interested to see how it pans out.
    Bronze32
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Bronze32; 11-21-2018, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    Forum Jedi

• Raiden341
    replied
    There is something with that test definitely. I remember when I took it in Romeoville a handful of years ago. The room probably had 300 people in it. After the proctor’s over dramatic speech about the test, what it “looks” for and “how there is no score.” They had a short break before the test started. By the time it did, over 100 people left and didn’t even bother. That says something to me...

Leave a comment:

• Arbiter7
    Forum Member

• Arbiter7
    replied
    Yeah the whole thing really had that vibe of "the chief is only doing this part of the process because he has to". Chief seems kind of old school I wouldn't be surprised if they are just looking anyone that can pass the physical and is either in close proximity to the city or has previous experience. I just don't see how any department could take this test seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    Forum Jedi

• Raiden341
    replied
    That test is laughable. Only a handful of towns use it and funny enough, out of all the tests I’ve done, that test is the only one I never seem to pass. I remember the proctor at one of them said that the test just gauges “if you would make a good officer” and looks for “good qualities.” I can’t pass that test, yet I’ve been a cop for 6yrs at this point doing just fine lol. When I took this Palos test a handful of years ago, the written had maybe 25 people in the room and I was told the final list had less than 10 on it. Kinda ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Arbiter7
    Forum Member

• Arbiter7
    replied
    Bronze32
    Forum Member
    Bronze32 Not sure but they said interviews should be December 3rd-4th so I would assume sometime around mid November. It definitely was an intense test!

Raiden341
    Forum Jedi
    Raiden341 Haha yup! It was like 450 questions mostly psych-based and then a section with 25 questions where you have to listen to the proctor talk and then answer questions based on that particular scenario. Oddly enough, there were like 70-80 people at the physical test but only like 35 showed up for the written. I don't think anyone failed the physical test so I think it had to do with the fact that the test was a few hours after the physical and not right after.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    Forum Jedi

• Raiden341
    replied
    Do they still use that ridiculous, think it was called the PCI test? There is nothing but an obnoxious amount of questions that are all psych-based? Then they say there isn’t a score but somehow develop a score and fail 80%+ of the room?

Leave a comment:

• Bronze32
    Forum Member

• Bronze32
    replied
    I’ve never had a written exam like Palos Hills before. It was intense! Does anyone know how long it takes for them to mail results? They didn’t say at testing.

Leave a comment:

• Arbiter7
    Forum Member

• Arbiter7
    replied
    Written and physical test went well today, really weird how it was all planned out but god damn what a test that was!! Never took one like it.

Leave a comment:

• chicagohawks
    Forum Member

• chicagohawks
    replied
    Palos Hills is testing again. Applications are available until Sept 21and have to be picked up at their city hall.

https://www.paloshillsweb.org/index....olice-officer/

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    Retired

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    They just closed taking apps about a week ago. Have to wait a couple years for another test.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2552 users online. 166 members and 2386 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X