300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palos Hills

Does anyone on here have any info whatsoever on this department? Did a search and found very little

I live right by it, it's a small department and they never post any information about hiring. The only way to get in is if you have a relative working there or you know someone. It's all in-house if you know what I mean.....

Other than that the cops are straight except for a couple exceptions...

Heres a link to their web page: http://www.paloshillspolice.us/

Comment

That's what caught me off guard. They seem very under the radar

Comment

Yeah they are kind of like that, at first when I saw this thread I thought Palos Hills was hiring and was completely surprised, but then it turned out to just be a question xD

At some point they will have to hire.... A lot of the cops i've been seeing over the past 15 years there are getting really old, but most likely they will just take laterals/transfers from other departments rather than doing a full blown hiring session.

Comment

Palos Hills only posts their application on their web page. They use some awkward test called PCI which is all psych based. They claim the test just determines if you will "succeed in this career", yet somehow they get a typical score out of it. The only other towns that use this test that I know of is Romeoville, Countryside and Hodgkins. The physical portion is usually administered by COPS.

Very well paying, small department, the highest female-to-male ratio department in the state, and political (from what I've heard).

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
            Palos Hills only posts their application on their web page. They use some awkward test called PCI which is all psych based. They claim the test just determines if you will "succeed in this career", yet somehow they get a typical score out of it. The only other towns that use this test that I know of is Romeoville, Countryside and Hodgkins. The physical portion is usually administered by COPS.

Very well paying, small department, the highest female-to-male ratio department in the state, and political (from what I've heard).
            WHEW!!! Now that's an answer right there! But most importantly what kind of snacks and pop are offered in the vending machines? It sucks being stuck inside on paper and needing that perfect snack or cold carbonated beverage that you just can't find.

Comment

Last edited by southpaw13; 09-10-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

They just closed taking apps about a week ago. Have to wait a couple years for another test.

Comment

Palos Hills is testing again. Applications are available until Sept 21and have to be picked up at their city hall.

https://www.paloshillsweb.org/index....olice-officer/

Comment

Written and physical test went well today, really weird how it was all planned out but god damn what a test that was!! Never took one like it.

Comment

I’ve never had a written exam like Palos Hills before. It was intense! Does anyone know how long it takes for them to mail results? They didn’t say at testing.

Comment

Do they still use that ridiculous, think it was called the PCI test? There is nothing but an obnoxious amount of questions that are all psych-based? Then they say there isn’t a score but somehow develop a score and fail 80%+ of the room?

Comment

Bronze32 Not sure but they said interviews should be December 3rd-4th so I would assume sometime around mid November. It definitely was an intense test!

Raiden341 Haha yup! It was like 450 questions mostly psych-based and then a section with 25 questions where you have to listen to the proctor talk and then answer questions based on that particular scenario. Oddly enough, there were like 70-80 people at the physical test but only like 35 showed up for the written. I don't think anyone failed the physical test so I think it had to do with the fact that the test was a few hours after the physical and not right after.

Comment

That test is laughable. Only a handful of towns use it and funny enough, out of all the tests I’ve done, that test is the only one I never seem to pass. I remember the proctor at one of them said that the test just gauges “if you would make a good officer” and looks for “good qualities.” I can’t pass that test, yet I’ve been a cop for 6yrs at this point doing just fine lol. When I took this Palos test a handful of years ago, the written had maybe 25 people in the room and I was told the final list had less than 10 on it. Kinda ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah the whole thing really had that vibe of "the chief is only doing this part of the process because he has to". Chief seems kind of old school I wouldn't be surprised if they are just looking anyone that can pass the physical and is either in close proximity to the city or has previous experience. I just don't see how any department could take this test seriously.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10920 users online. 472 members and 10448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X