Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joliet Test

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NEC1234 View Post
    A great salary is only one factor into happiness. Consider their shifts, for example -- not too many are thrilled with the prospect of working midnights on 12 hour shifts for a VERY long time. It sucks, I know since I worked it for years. The schedule is beneficial for the weekends off but the days you work you can't do anything but work, sleep and eat. For many who either are just getting OTJ or are coming to Joliet from another department with the lure of making 95+k after 5 years, these are the type of issues which you don't ponder until you're already there.

    Now, that may not have anything to do with Joliet's current situation; but for me, salary was 4 or 5 on my list
    Like you said, every situation is something different. I know some people who like rotating while others prefer permanents. In one department you need seniority to get on mids while in others you need seniority to get off mids. I have seen departments where people don't want to work holidays and where people love working the holidays. Every situation is different and it needs to work for the individual. There is too much to consider beyond the salary. A horrible boss and gloomy department will quickly make one forget a wonderful paycheck.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
      Like you said, every situation is something different. I know some people who like rotating while others prefer permanents. In one department you need seniority to get on mids while in others you need seniority to get off mids. I have seen departments where people don't want to work holidays and where people love working the holidays. Every situation is different and it needs to work for the individual. There is too much to consider beyond the salary. A horrible boss and gloomy department will quickly make one forget a wonderful paycheck.
      Well said.

      Comment


      • Does anyone known which companies they use for the poly and psych?

        Comment


        • well now they want you to live in joliet to be a police officer...anyone else get that email

          Comment


          • Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
            well now they want you to live in joliet to be a police officer...anyone else get that email
            Would've been relevant information to give before people filled out applications, paid for and took the test, lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
              well now they want you to live in joliet to be a police officer...anyone else get that email
              Wow, changing the rules during the selection process. Joliet previously had a residency requirement but rid themselves of it around 2009.

              I just looked up the decision, apparently it'll only apply to new hires who have to live in the city within 18 months. BUT......as a concession for the union the city will cover health insurance through 2030

              Comment


              • I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had 800+ applicants had they announced residency prior to this process.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had 800+ applicants had they announced residency prior to this process.
                  Agreed

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 9560 users online. 462 members and 9098 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X