X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joliet Test

www.applytoserve.com for applications

Open to everyone this time.
    Last edited by styguy531; 08-29-2014, 07:29 PM.

Any general information that you could share about the PD that might be helpful? Thank you.
    Last edited by southpaw13; 08-30-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Heard the passing score on the written will be 40 percent. Three quarters still won't pass!
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, your comment is completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, your comment is completely unnecessary.
          Why is that? It's the truth. Just like when Harvey tests...

Comment

Insight: They're big, busy with good pay. Not sure what else to share. Lol. They give pretty hefty preference points for being a J-Town resident.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
              Heard the passing score on the written will be 40 percent. Three quarters still won't pass!
              I'm not sure if that's a jab at JPD but if it is I don't know where it's coming from. It's a pretty respectable department and I think it's going to be a very competitive process to get hired there.
              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                Why is that? It's the truth. Just like when Harvey tests...
                I disagree. Anyway why does that matter? I asked about information on JPD specifically. Respectfully: There's off-duty forums for opinions like that guys...no offense. Don't take that the wrong way. I just want some info on JPD that's all.

Comment

Like Doggy said, it's a big, active department. One of the highest top outs in the state as well. They haven't been open to normal testing in well over five years. There will be a LOT of applicants and certified guys that will apply. Like Marine said, it will be competitive.

And the cracks aren't against JPD personally. They will have a lot of applicants. You will see a lot of fails. It happens when these large departments test.

Comment

Southpaw you gotta get off the computer and enjoy life man

Comment

Likewise Sir. This is just a resource/research tool...it's not my life.
                      Last edited by southpaw13; 08-31-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I considered putting an app in here but don't think I would want to make a huge move south. The pay does make it an interesting place to apply though.

Comment

I did my internship here last year and I have nothing but good things to say about the officers and the department. Great group of guys/gals. All were wiling to teach me things and answer questions. The supervisors are awesome and have the officer's back. Although I was just an intern they made me feel as if I was a part of the department.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                            Insight: They're big, busy with good pay. Not sure what else to share. Lol. They give pretty hefty preference points for being a J-Town resident.
                            Yep. My brother will be testing with them this time around. Certified and a 5.5 year Vet- Currently a SGT in the Reserve, and typically gets 90th percentile on his tests. A buddy of mine said he may still end up lower on the list due to the residency preference points. Ouch.

Good luck guys, this is many folk's dream department.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
                              Yep. My brother will be testing with them this time around. Certified and a 5.5 year Vet- Currently a SGT in the Reserve, and typically gets 90th percentile on his tests. A buddy of mine said he may still end up lower on the list due to the residency preference points. Ouch.

Good luck guys, this is many folk's dream department.
                              5 points is 5 points, his military points will keep his placement the same.
                              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9127 users online. 362 members and 8765 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X