Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have family in Law Enforcement does it help?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have family in Law Enforcement does it help?

Simple general question, my uncle is a Cook County sheriff and I am trying to get in as well he says that as long as I pass everything and all that he can help me get in is he just saying that or does it really help your cause if you have relatives in law enforcement and are recommended by them?

Man, hate to agree with some other poster, but this is a question you should ask your uncle, not post of a public board.. Rule of thumb: Those with actual clout don't talk about it, those that talk about having clout , don't.

Comment

Edit......
      Last edited by C_Daniels; 01-27-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I remember a CCSD application day and the line of people (nice, orderly, patient) went all the way around a full city block and then some (=> 1/2 mile) -- someone knowing you doesn't speed up that process but it may help to make it not fruitless -- even so if you're a great candidate you may not need any extra social cachet -- even beholden people tend to recognize exceptionally good prospects.

Comment

Yeah process wise he won't be able to help me that will be something I have to accomplish on my own but I talked to him today he said if I pass everything and follow through with the final interview he could boost me up on the hiring list and he might be able to prioritize my BI. I'm in no rush though I still kind of want to finish up school

P.S. thanks to the guys who weren't illiterate ****** bags and smart asses (:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5671 users online. 300 members and 5371 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X