Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook County Adult Probation Dept. Sworn or Not-Sworn?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Adult Probation Dept. Sworn or Not-Sworn?

Question - Any Cook County Adult Probation Officers on here, particularly in Gang Intervention Unit or Intensive Probation Supervision (IPS)?

I'm interested in the position, particularly those units and I'm done with the process with a few suburban Chicagoland police agencies and the Cook County DOC process. Just waiting on "the call"...

Simply, I know the state law considers Cook County Adult Probation Officers "sworn peace officers" and they're able to make arrests and etc, despite them rarely doing it, ever. However, do the Gang Intervention Officers and IPS Officers receive different training and sworn in differently than the standard caseload probation officers or receive their State of Illinois Law Enforcement Officer certification.

Just trying to get some clarification, for instance, all Cook County Sheriff's CO's/Deputy Sheriff's are "sworn deputies" with the ability to carry off duty and arrest for federal felony offenses ya da ya da ya da...However, the rumor mill is that the Sheriff's Police are certified Police Officers and are the only ones that have "statutory power" of arrests and have some sort of a "bump" as far as power is concerned and of course your law enforcement pensions. Just trying to see what the deal is with the Gang Unit and IPS, who work with CPD on a regular basis as far as any differentiation in training, type of certifications, authority, off-duty carry, general orders for firearms (despite hearing that Gang Intervention and IPS use their own personal weapon), etc.?

Lastly, what's the job like? Anyone know anyone in IPS or Gang Intervention Units with Cook County APD? Caseload, general operating area, what districts do they operate out of, "day in the life", etc....

Thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9492 users online. 427 members and 9065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X