X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis area riots

Any dept's sending any manpower?
    Formerly "TheAxolotl"

They don't have enough Police is Missouri?

Comment

What I heard made it sound like they were stretched thin.
      Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Seeing as how none of us IL sworn have police powers there, I highly doubt it. Further, I would say this state has plenty of its own problems to deal with.

Comment

Interesting response from a sworn officer. 1) in times of need temporary status can be granted and furthermore multi-state law enforcement entities exist across the country. This entities include local officers from different states. Intergovernmental agreements are adopted. 2) if another department needs asaistance and they ask you for help we don't base our response on "we have our own problems". If that's the case nobody would ever help eachother.
          Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Mebbe we should send A Texas Ranger. I guess you have to be from Texas to understand that one.
            Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
            Among Texas' finest
            Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
            Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
            Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Can't. Hat would get blown away.
              “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                Can't. Hat would get blown away.
                And their cute little polo might get dirty, lol.

Comment

This is a little bit late, I have some friends on that side of the river, and they tell me they had help from over 30 agencies with over 350 officers. In St. Louis county alone there are over 90 muni's (some contract police services with the county) but they have a lot of resources to pull from. Then you have St. Louis city, St. Charles county, Jefferson County, & Franklin County all in the nearby metro area if things really got bad. I doubt they need help from the IL side.

Comment

Send In The Koreans

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/sks/4614862334.html

A little riot humor. You had to be present for the Rodney King riots here in Los Angeles 23 years ago to appreciate this Craigslist ad.

Back then when the Rodney King rioters started to reach Korea town, the Koreans visibly armed themselves with rifles and openly took up defensive positions in the parking lots and on the roofs of their shopping centers and strip malls. The rioters bypassed every place where armed Koreans were present and much of Korea town went unharmed.
                    Last edited by L-1; 08-17-2014, 09:58 PM.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Now that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyWithStick View Post
                        Any dept's sending any manpower?
                        Have they asked for help from other states? I have a hard time believing that with the highway patrol, the national guard and a plethora of in-state agencies to draw from, that they would be asking for help from out-of-state agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
                          Mebbe we should send A Texas Ranger. I guess you have to be from Texas to understand that one.
                          One riot, one Ranger.

They are somewhat of an elite agency. By Texas State Constitution, they are only allowed to have somewhere around 215 Rangers at any one time. And it is a big deal to be appointed one. Have to be a veteran Officer from Texas and be voted in.
                          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-17-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyWithStick View Post
                            Interesting response from a sworn officer. 1) in times of need temporary status can be granted and furthermore multi-state law enforcement entities exist across the country. This entities include local officers from different states. Intergovernmental agreements are adopted. 2) if another department needs asaistance and they ask you for help we don't base our response on "we have our own problems". If that's the case nobody would ever help eachother.
                            Easy partner. I'm part of a team (by choice) that gets mobilized (regularly) with little or no notice to assist other municipalities including Chicago with NATO. My point was, they have plenty of officers beginning with the Missouri Highway Patrol who can be mobilized much quicker and more efficiently without having to worry about being granted special authority or exempt status in Missouri.

I'm all for helping whoever needs it, but your question didn't seem very realistic.

Comment

An all around sad situation. The Governor just signed an executive order to deploy the National Guard. Stay safe out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8859 users online. 383 members and 8476 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X