300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect Heights PD 2014 test

Anyone get their results from the Prospect Heights PD written exam from 2 weeks ago yet?
    "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Were they making a list or actually hiring?

Comment

They hired 3 off the old list right before they tested . My friend got picked up by them

Comment

Originally posted by Birdmang View Post
        Were they making a list or actually hiring?
        Making a list. There's no current openings right now but they have a few guys who are retiring in the next year or so, then they will have some promotions and have a few open positions very soon.

Kev is your friend M. Puf? He was hired about 2 years ago and was at the written exam helping out as one of the proctors...
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I was under the impression they were out of money and being helped by county guys. Looks good that they are hiring!

Comment

I know that before 1990 when they became an official PD, the sheriff's department was doing the police work for Prospect Heights. Yep, I hope everything goes good with the written!

Comment

No my friend literally just got picked up.

Comment

Yessssssss! Placed under the top #10 in the Prospect Heights PD written exam! The top 24 will move forward with the oral interview in July! This will actually be my first oral interview for a Police Department with the commission since I am used to CPD's hiring process which does not include the oral interview. Oh wow I'm excited as hell and nervous about my upcoming oral interview. Pretty amazing news a week before I fly to Vegas for Independence Day weekend and the fights out there.

Comment

^Good job man! Good luck with that PD. Take it one step at a time. Just be prepared, show up, be yourself and get ready to field some questions by the commission/board members.

Comment

Thanks Southpaw! Going to make sure my suit, tie, dress shirt & slacks and formal shoes are looking spiffy. I'll arrive at least 30 minutes before whatever time I'm scheduled for the oral interview and be prepared.

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
                    ^Good job man! Good luck with that PD. Take it one step at a time. Just be prepared, show up, be yourself and get ready to field some questions by the commission/board members.

Comment

Congrats. Only advice on orals; when asked negative qualities or weaknesses, make sure it's a quality that is easily improved and highlight what you are doing to improve it. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you I appreciate it! I can't wait

Originally posted by Birdmang View Post
                        Congrats. Only advice on orals; when asked negative qualities or weaknesses, make sure it's a quality that is easily improved and highlight what you are doing to improve it. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5297 users online. 254 members and 5043 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X