300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Sheriffs Academy

Since there is a PTI thread, I figured anyone who went through CCSA recently could give some insight. Anything from PT to daily activities. Thanks
    Last edited by Glawk; 06-21-2014, 12:35 AM.

Shorter than others 10-12 weeks which is great

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
      It's 16 weeks long. Monday through Friday 0600-1600. PT is like crossfit for an hour everyday. Make sure you show up and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsmo69 View Post
        It's 16 weeks long. Monday through Friday 0600-1600. PT is like crossfit for an hour everyday. Make sure you show up and you'll do fine.
        There is a cook county sheriff police academy at triton and a cook county sheriff corrections academy at moraine valley CC.

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsmo69 View Post
          I was referencing the basic police recruit class which is 10 weeks example ( july- sep)
          Not the corrections academy.

Comment

I was referencing the basic police recruit class which is 10 weeks example ( july- sep)
            Not the corrections academy.
            Is the state requirement in hours for corrections higher than police?

Comment

Originally posted by Birdmang View Post
              Is the state requirement in hours for corrections higher than police?
              Ya before you can be sheriff police you have to go through the corrections academy.

Comment

lol any insight?

Comment

My friend was sent to this academy and he said it was great. He said it is very militaristic. Have fun and good luck.

Comment

The sheriff police academy is also used by suburban police departments I think that's what he was referring to. The academy is 10 weeks long with an optional 11 week where you get tased, go to the medical examiners office and get o.c certified. Most departments elect for their people to go all 11 weeks. It is military based and it can be tough. Normal start time is 645 and out around 430 445 However there are days where you will start at 545 depending on what is scheduled for the day. PT can be tough its a lot of video based workouts (p90 x, tap out, t25, insanity, plus running and other things depending on the day.

Comment

Those who were in the military thought it was a joke as far as them doing their "tough" routine. You'll be doing push-ups no matter how squared away you are, and some people can't handle that so it's tough on them.

Comment

thanks for all the info

Comment

Originally posted by benellitactical View Post
                          Those who were in the military thought it was a joke as far as them doing their "tough" routine. You'll be doing push-ups no matter how squared away you are, and some people can't handle that so it's tough on them.
                          Same thing with SLEA. We got "smoked" one day with 200 jumping jacks on the range. People were crying and moaning like they were going to Afghanistan. 200 jumping jacks?!?!?!? That whole tough, we're paramilitary thing discredits a lot of their intentions to anyone who knows better. My first night at basic I watched a grown man **** down his leg and almost burst into tears because they wouldn't excuse him from PT, another guy slipped in his own sweat while doing push ups and dislocated his shoulder. This is the first night there. Somehow I wasn't much bothered by the "SLEA Tough" philosophy.

Comment

I do believe, from what I have heard, that ISP is the only one that can rightfully say they offer a militaristic experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                              I do believe, from what I have heard, that ISP is the only one that can rightfully say they offer a militaristic experience.
                              I have heard that as well. I've seen a lot of squared away troopers so that just goes to show that the training means something. A guy I know who went through Indian state police who also was in the military said that they were legit at the academy too.

Not that every academy needs to be like that, but if you're going to act military, then don't half-***** it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6992 users online. 345 members and 6647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X