300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall County Sheriff's Office questions

I tested at KCSO during their last cycle, and did not make it beyond the interview.

I have a friend who works in the auxiliary unit there, and he says they have already gone through the entire final eligibility list they established, which was far less individuals than I remember being at the tests. So I believe they cut a lot of applicants.

My friend told me they will have to test again in the near future, and for me to try again which I likely will.

Does anyone know how this agency is to work for, and perhaps why they went though the whole list already?

Please understand I am not in the field yet and am still searching, and that this thread could open up some discussion.

Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice prior to this point, as well!

Their pay is good. They do not have take home squads. They seem to keep busy. They have stripes on their uniform pants. And they rarely smile. Not sure if that's because of low morale or if they are micromanaged and afraid of getting in trouble. Any sheriffs office you are gonna have the politics...
    Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

They hired I believe 4 for the road from the last list and even more for the jail. They are getting a new sheriff so the current sheriff pushed a lot of people through the process.

I would encourage you to apply again since they have a new sheriff coming into office.

I know many deputies in the jail and they seem to love it for the most part. As long as you're not a male trying to have sex with inmates you should be alright. I don't really know anyone on the road so I can't help you with any info on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherneck22 View Post
        They hired I believe 4 for the road from the last list and even more for the jail. They are getting a new sheriff so the current sheriff pushed a lot of people through the process.

I would encourage you to apply again since they have a new sheriff coming into office.

I know many deputies in the jail and they seem to love it for the most part. As long as you're not a male trying to have sex with inmates you should be alright. I don't really know anyone on the road so I can't help you with any info on them.
        That's interesting. I knew they were getting a new Sheriff, but I didn't know the last one did that.

And yes, I understand the politics. I am learning that can come with any job, but with public service it's almost for certain.

If they open up testing soon, I'll try again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9887 users online. 464 members and 9423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X