Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illiniguy929
    replied
    When I was taking college classes I had a guy in my class he applied scored like an 104 and he was in the 1xx range. He said the turn out was HUGE.

Leave a comment:

• illiniguy929
    replied
    ^ hahaha! That literally made me laugh out loud!

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    A co worker of mine was top 10. Passed everything and not hired. So, if you're applying with no preference points, you'll have a better shot hitting a home run blind folding on the first pitch of spring training.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw26
    replied
    Originally posted by BoyWithStick View Post
    I was kiddin'.
    No problem! I just wanted to post to clarify.

Leave a comment:

• BoyWithStick
    replied
    Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
    $33.82/hr after 6 months. That's not bad in my book!

https://www.aurora-il.org/apd/recruiting/pay_rates.php
    I was kiddin'.

Leave a comment:

• LockednLoaded
    replied
    Correct. Residential produces many hopeful applicants.

I am going to guestimate about 600-800 people at the orientation.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw26
    replied
    There is residential, military and educational preference and a ten point max on that. I believe it is one or the other on education and military plus any residency points.

Leave a comment:

• topflight
    replied
    Good to know. No preference here so I'll take that into consideration, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LockednLoaded
    replied
    Correct. 100% is top score on written and applicants are allowed 10 preference points onto their written score. 110% being the top. There will be at least 15 applicants that score at 110%.

Leave a comment:

• topflight
    replied
    Originally posted by maidana View Post
    Of course it's not captain optimist
    Your not even contributing anything. Why don't you kick rocks..

Leave a comment:

• topflight
    replied
    ^what scale are we using here? You mean written plus preferance to get over 100?

Leave a comment:

• LockednLoaded
    replied
    Shifts are 8 hours with the same exact days off for the year (Mon/Tues, Thurs/Fri, ect.). Regular days, noons, and mids. Young department as Cadets get hired before any applicants at 21 and become POs and spend their careers there.

If you don't score above 105, stay home. 110 is the max score or used to be. Anyone in 110 or 109 range will be put through testing.

A Cdr. shows to be a speaker at the orientation. She is an author and a routine blogger. Well known in law enforcement and pretty down to earth.
    Last edited by LockednLoaded; 05-31-2014, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw26
    replied
    ^What's your point? Those kind of comments show your age. So, I walk around with a little hope, what's it to you? The topic is "Info on Aurora PD".

Leave a comment:

• maidana
    replied
    Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
    $33.82/hr after 6 months. That's not bad in my book!
    Of course it's not captain optimist

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
    Yea same here lol...from reading the other Aurora threads does anyone know if those people in the 100-150s ever got called for an interview or even farther in the process. They scored 90+ on the written and were way down the list. I read somewhere some one scored a 100 on written and was 60th on the list. I'm curious if they got to move on in the process. Is that written test really that easy?
    Some written tests are. If they use the NCJSO 1 exam... Unless you score over 90 on that WITHOUT preference, don't expect to be anywhere close to the top. I've seen lists that use that NCJSO exam, and usually the first 10/15 people are all over 100. The last one I did, I had a 96 with preference and I was still 30's.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8552 users online. 418 members and 8134 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X