Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on Aurora PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I let them know.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Rbrooks36 View Post
      Just seen their post that they are hiring. I think the app fee was pretty high but can't remember now. It's a big department should have a good chance.

      Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Aren't app fee's always like $50 for each dept. Also, is the testing fee and the app fee two seperate things for them?
      WORK HARD. DREAM BIG!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
        Whoa!....That has to be a mistake. You have to wait 5 years to see that jump to $36/hr not 6 months lol. Still a nice scale though. This is directly from the City of Aurora:

        Annual Rates of Pay
        Annual Rates of Pay Positions and Periods of Service 1/1/2016
        Starting salary - 6 months $48,110.40 ($23.13/hr.)
        From 6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr.)
        From 5 years - 10 years $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr.)
        Yeah I noticed that too. They've actually been unclear about a few things. What is a Police Officer Physical Ability certification, (assuming a POWER card) its not explained anywhere. I'll be interested to see what the actual pay scale is when they correct it.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
          What was the pay before. If I was still trying to get on. I would jump on this bandwagon

          Haha right! There's hiring boons after we get hired

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
            Whoa!....That has to be a mistake. You have to wait 5 years to see that jump to $36/hr not 6 months lol. Still a nice scale though. This is directly from the City of Aurora:

            Annual Rates of Pay
            Annual Rates of Pay Positions and Periods of Service 1/1/2016
            Starting salary - 6 months $48,110.40 ($23.13/hr.)
            From 6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr.)
            From 5 years - 10 years $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr.)
            Rumor is there was a pay cut for new hires in the new contract. That's just what guys I know told me.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
              Rumor is there was a pay cut for new hires in the new contract. That's just what guys I know told me.
              Yea i remember that starting pay being higher few years ago with new hires.

              Comment


              • #37
                Yes, starting and ending is lower, but still, you can eat pretty good with that scratch though. In five years you should be creeping in the nineties with court and other OT.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Oh okay that makes sense why the numbers are all over the place. Yeah definitely nothing to complain about. Very good pay and benefits. The way I see it is if I'm going to get hired somewhere I rather them start me out a little lower now versus be reckless with their budget and lay me off 2 years later because they realize they can't afford my salary but that's just me.


                  ....Then again if they just rent out an office out of that shiny new police station to the area dispatch....that should cover my salary. Only kidding...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr)
                    1 - 2 years. $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr)
                    2 - 3 years $79,019.20 ($37.99/hr)
                    3 - 4 years $81,577.60 ($39.22/hr)
                    4-5 years $84,177.60 ($40.47/hr)
                    5-6 years $88,795.20 ($42.69/hr)
                    6-7 years $90,854.40 ($43.68/hr)
                    7-8 years $92,913.60 ($44.67/hr)
                    8-9 years $94,972.80 ($45.66/hr)
                    9-10 years$97,032.00 ($46.65/hr)
                    10+ years $97,240.00 ($46.75/hr)

                    That is the correct pay scale for those wondering

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by vdubs15 View Post
                      6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr)
                      1 - 2 years. $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr)
                      2 - 3 years $79,019.20 ($37.99/hr)
                      3 - 4 years $81,577.60 ($39.22/hr)
                      4-5 years $84,177.60 ($40.47/hr)
                      5-6 years $88,795.20 ($42.69/hr)
                      6-7 years $90,854.40 ($43.68/hr)
                      7-8 years $92,913.60 ($44.67/hr)
                      8-9 years $94,972.80 ($45.66/hr)
                      9-10 years$97,032.00 ($46.65/hr)
                      10+ years $97,240.00 ($46.75/hr)

                      That is the correct pay scale for those wondering
                      Good scratch

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by vdubs15 View Post
                        6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr)
                        1 - 2 years. $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr)
                        2 - 3 years $79,019.20 ($37.99/hr)
                        3 - 4 years $81,577.60 ($39.22/hr)
                        4-5 years $84,177.60 ($40.47/hr)
                        5-6 years $88,795.20 ($42.69/hr)
                        6-7 years $90,854.40 ($43.68/hr)
                        7-8 years $92,913.60 ($44.67/hr)
                        8-9 years $94,972.80 ($45.66/hr)
                        9-10 years$97,032.00 ($46.65/hr)
                        10+ years $97,240.00 ($46.75/hr)

                        That is the correct pay scale for those wondering
                        So the one on the web site is wrong then?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by rolz_ View Post
                          Aren't app fee's always like $50 for each dept. Also, is the testing fee and the app fee two seperate things for them?
                          Depends on the department. I've paid as little as 10 and the most I have paid was 35.

                          Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I've seen one department charge $100 for apps

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by vdubs15 View Post
                              6 months - 1 year $64,126.40 ($30.83/hr)
                              1 - 2 years. $76,440.00 ($36.75/hr)
                              2 - 3 years $79,019.20 ($37.99/hr)
                              3 - 4 years $81,577.60 ($39.22/hr)
                              4-5 years $84,177.60 ($40.47/hr)
                              5-6 years $88,795.20 ($42.69/hr)
                              6-7 years $90,854.40 ($43.68/hr)
                              7-8 years $92,913.60 ($44.67/hr)
                              8-9 years $94,972.80 ($45.66/hr)
                              9-10 years$97,032.00 ($46.65/hr)
                              10+ years $97,240.00 ($46.75/hr)

                              That is the correct pay scale for those wondering
                              Thats the best salary I've seen around here for just 1 year of experience. Even if the contract changes to make new hire salary lower, its only for 6 months to a year.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ared1984 View Post
                                I've seen one department charge $100 for apps
                                I think I know which one lol.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8501 users online. 437 members and 8064 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X