300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Aurora PD

I checked previous threads, but couldn't find much on Aurora. Anyone have any info on the pd? The shifts, morale....basically how is the department ran. Training....etc. Basically I hear it's a great pd, but would like more insight. Respond please or pm if possible. Thanks!

Avoid them. They don't get paid squat.
    Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

$33.82/hr after 6 months. That's not bad in my book!

https://www.aurora-il.org/apd/recruiting/pay_rates.php
      Last edited by southpaw26; 05-31-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: add a link

Comment

Figured this thread would be started eventually.

Comment

Yea same here lol...from reading the other Aurora threads does anyone know if those people in the 100-150s ever got called for an interview or even farther in the process. They scored 90+ on the written and were way down the list. I read somewhere some one scored a 100 on written and was 60th on the list. I'm curious if they got to move on in the process. Is that written test really that easy?

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
            Yea same here lol...from reading the other Aurora threads does anyone know if those people in the 100-150s ever got called for an interview or even farther in the process. They scored 90+ on the written and were way down the list. I read somewhere some one scored a 100 on written and was 60th on the list. I'm curious if they got to move on in the process. Is that written test really that easy?
            Some written tests are. If they use the NCJSO 1 exam... Unless you score over 90 on that WITHOUT preference, don't expect to be anywhere close to the top. I've seen lists that use that NCJSO exam, and usually the first 10/15 people are all over 100. The last one I did, I had a 96 with preference and I was still 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
              $33.82/hr after 6 months. That's not bad in my book!
              Of course it's not captain optimist

Comment

^What's your point? Those kind of comments show your age. So, I walk around with a little hope, what's it to you? The topic is "Info on Aurora PD".

Comment

Shifts are 8 hours with the same exact days off for the year (Mon/Tues, Thurs/Fri, ect.). Regular days, noons, and mids. Young department as Cadets get hired before any applicants at 21 and become POs and spend their careers there.

If you don't score above 105, stay home. 110 is the max score or used to be. Anyone in 110 or 109 range will be put through testing.

A Cdr. shows to be a speaker at the orientation. She is an author and a routine blogger. Well known in law enforcement and pretty down to earth.
                  Last edited by LockednLoaded; 05-31-2014, 04:27 PM.
                  "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

^what scale are we using here? You mean written plus preferance to get over 100?

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
                      Of course it's not captain optimist
                      Your not even contributing anything. Why don't you kick rocks..

Comment

Correct. 100% is top score on written and applicants are allowed 10 preference points onto their written score. 110% being the top. There will be at least 15 applicants that score at 110%.
                        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Good to know. No preference here so I'll take that into consideration, thanks.

Comment

There is residential, military and educational preference and a ten point max on that. I believe it is one or the other on education and military plus any residency points.

Comment

Correct. Residential produces many hopeful applicants.

I am going to guestimate about 600-800 people at the orientation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7168 users online. 240 members and 6928 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X