Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Illinois LEOs call a warrant pick up radius?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Illinois LEOs call a warrant pick up radius?

I'm on a non-LEO related site with a guy who says that a warrant pick up radius is referred to as a "geo" in Illinois. Does anyone use or heard of the term? I'm just trying to figure out if he knows what he's talking about or if he is just pulling stuff out his ***.

Court-Issued Geographical Limitations: This can be certain counties only, certain ISP districts only or Boundaries by Interstate Highway system. There can also be in-state only or NCIC (nationwide).

Most of my in-state misdemeanor warrants contain the caveat All counties south of and including I-70. They may also state ISP Districts 11,12,13,19 & 22. I hope this helps.

Last edited by slamdunc; 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM.
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

61 for 43, or 61 for 43 only lol.

Comment

I've seen warrants "geo" by County out here. It'll display and read "Cook, Will, Dupage & Kankakee Counties". Meaning, if you find someone and it is not in the above listed counties, you can't enforce it.

Comment

Out of Geos is a term we use quite frequently. Or the "Geos on this warrant are"

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBurbs07 View Post
              61 for 43, or 61 for 43 only lol.
              Lol!

The 61 is always great, then the dreaded "for 43 only" follows and kills the moment.

Comment

Geo's would be the correct term.
                Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

geograpical limits/boundaries...even better extraditable or non extraditable, hopefully the latter lol

Comment

Yes, Geographical Limititations...the area(s)/Counties where a warrant is serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by .Wolf Bite. View Post
                      Lol!

The 61 is always great, then the dreaded "for 43 only" follows and kills the moment.
                      When you've been on long enough, you love hearing the "for 43 only", so that way you aren't tied up on another useless warrant arrest. Lol. 9 out of 10 warrant arrests are just an absolute waste of time.
                      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                        When you've been on long enough, you love hearing the "for 43 only", so that way you aren't tied up on another useless warrant arrest. Lol. 9 out of 10 warrant arrests are just an absolute waste of time.
                        Hey if you dont want them, I'll gladly take them. I can knock them out usually in less than 45min processing time and release, easy peazy...

Although dogcop, your right some warrants are for bs. I've had a southern illinois town wiling to drive 4 hours each way to pick up someone wanted on a speeding warrant, yet a guy wanted for Residential Burglary will only have a radius of 2 counties maximum. Makes no sense
                        Last edited by axelfoley4; 05-28-2014, 08:51 AM.
                        Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

The best warrant I had was a dude cut me off, could tell he was in a rush. I thought no biggie, I'll stop him, give a butt chewing. Make contact, says he's sorry, he was running out to get milk. Run him, he's wanted out of Arizona, I don't remember for what charges. I thought no way they'd want him. Get reply back of Arizona will extradite. Oh well sorry dude, you're hopping on Con Air all cause of a gallon of milk. But still most of them feel like a waste if my time. If they can't post we then have to transport to County. So we're in it for a good 2.5 hours from start to finish.
                          www.saveavet.org

Comment

We had a guy fairly recently 99 out of Tennessee, extraditable, and two other extraditable intrastate warrants not even close to Cook. Was not my paper thank God.

Comment

If they can't post, we get to babysit them til we can drop them off at county the next morning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10900 users online. 537 members and 10363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X