Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any good departments near Chicago hiring ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good departments near Chicago hiring ?

I'm part time certified now and will be fully certified by the end of July.

I'd like to relocate before the year is over and move North. Located near Decatur, Illinois area now.

Any info would be great on departments up near Chicago.

I would check out the blue line

www.theblueline.com

You will have to do some of your own research on each department. Some already have lengthy threads that may answer your questions.

Comment

Or just listen to Southpaw say every department is just great

Comment

Sorry this was directed to maidana. "Everything in life is what you make of it": I choose to not focus on the negative things only because that is the easy route to take. Again, I have nothing against you maidana and I hope you succeed in your goals as well. That being said, I will defend good officers, good departments, and great officers in not-so-good departments.
        Last edited by southpaw26; 05-18-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Good luck Burt. There ARE a lot of great PDs up here. The Blue Line is a great place to start. If you have any questions about the immediate West or Southwest Suburbs in particular, I can tell you about the communities in general and the type of policing there

Comment

Hey thanks everyone. I will send you a PM later on tonight when I get off work South

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
              Or just listen to Southpaw say every department is just great
              To be optimistic, excited, eager (pick a synonym) and see the good in any department is not really frowned upon. It's almost expected and it makes sense for a young candidate looking to enter the field. Rookies are more likely to get in trouble for the opposite. You will find over the years that many officers would rather deal with Southpaw's innocent motivation and eagerness as opposed to somebody who is not on the job but "knows" how bad a department they never worked for is and jacks their gums about said depts. Trust me when I say his "mistakes" will be more excusable than the opposite. If you think people aren't matching applicants on their lists with names and posters on here, guess again. I would place a slight wager I've identified someone on here that is on our list and if you think I'm not monitoring everything he says on here, how he talks to other officers, what he says about other departments etc. you would be incorrect. He was doing the same thing...bad-mouthing another department. Police talk like little school girls and more than any snitch. Word gets around and it gets around quick. Nothing decent to say about a copper or his dept..better to keep it to yourself.

Comment

I must admit that after reading "are there any good departments near Chicago..." I wanted to interrupt and reply NO! lol..just the sick of paying county and state taxes,hearing them scheme on our pension funds, can't get a charge approved in Cook County side of me coming out. Keep your eyes and ears open. There are some great departments with some great cops all in this region...the name of the game is timing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7200 users online. 341 members and 6859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X