X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always Harvey guys at tests I go to looking to get out of there

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
      Adding onto what I said as earlier, Some suburbs will actually charge you the cost of training, salary, equipment, academy cost, etc if you voluntarily quit during training.
      Can this only be done when it's in the contract?

Comment

I'm gonna (going to) leave that alone maidana. Anyway, employment contracts (usually 2 years) are catching on in a lot of suburbs because of recruits accepting offers elsewhere after training/certification. They usually cover repayment for uniform, equipment, training costs etc. and are required to be paid back to that PD if you leave before that time. So, to answer your question Birdmang, it usually is worded into the contract or else it's their loss I guess.

Comment

lol Southpaw the biggest mush on this forum

Comment

Now here's my opinion. Let's say a crap PD has the repayment in their contract and you roll out, but they have it as a ridiculous amount, I wonder what they'd actually do if you didn't repay. It's not criminal so they got nothing there. Maybe send you to collections? It would not be worth them suing in civil because their lawyer would cost more than the repayment. So I guess the worst that could happen would be a ding on your credit.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

This isn't about you or me and that's your opinion maidana. I didn't come on here to get into it with someone I don't even know. There is a better use of my time and energy elsewhere. I will leave it at that.
              Last edited by southpaw26; 05-15-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10486 users online. 493 members and 9993 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X