300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teufelhunden88 View Post
    That's the problem with sheriff departments. They don't have to hire in order of the list, it's up to the sheriff.
    ^This. I don't think that is just a Cook County problem DTOM.
    Last edited by southpaw1; 04-14-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
      ^This. I don't think that is just a Cook County problem DTOM.
      you're right, it's not. He was refferencing the initial hiring though. The initial hire list the Sheriff can technically hire whomever whenever he wants. They don't have to go in list order.

When I mentioned cook county I was referencing going from the jail to the road. You have to apply and test to go to the road with Cook. You are pretty much doing everything all over again, and cook is notourious as a "who you know" department. Not saying you couldn't get on even if you don't know some one, it happens, but it's very competitive.

Comment

I see that Dupage is opening applications again. It says deputy Sherriff, does that mean you don't have to go through corrections first?

Comment

Not 100% positive, but I think their corrections officers are deputized.

Comment

Originally posted by ared1984 View Post
            Not 100% positive, but I think their corrections officers are deputized.
            Ok thanks. They usually state corrections deputy or sheriff deputy.

Comment

ALL deputies start in the jail in Dupage. We're fully sworn. You put in to transfer to the road or courts and go from there. Everyone starts the same way.

Comment

Its a missnomer with some counties like Kane who have "corrections deputies" who carry the title but not the statutory authority. They have no powers of arrest on or off duty, and can't carry a weapon on their badge Off duty.

Dupage are fully sworn deputy sheriff's. Initially assigned to the Corrections Bureau, then you can move on from there to Patrol, Courts, Admin. You can also transfer back if wanted between bureau's. All Dupage deputies are given the same authority and powers.
                Last edited by NoBody312; 06-05-2016, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Not sure if this thread is still active. Trying to get some clarification. I am a Cook County Deputy few years in now. I was registered and am taking the written June 25th. Im assuming once taking written and interview with BI I would be hired into the jail bypassing academy etc since im already deputized and state certified. Any insight would help. And if any one has any questions for me about Cook let me know Id be happy to answer them.
                  "We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

PM me with any questions.

We have a lot of former Cook County CO's. We have a better pension.

Comment

• I have family members at Cook, many are trying to get out of there. I heard a lot of Cook guys tested for DuPage. You will like it MUCH better here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11037 users online. 517 members and 10520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X