Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dupage county sheriff 2014

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    All in time...
    Last edited by NoBody312; 04-14-2016, 07:37 PM.

    Comment


    • #77
      That's the problem with sheriff departments. They don't have to hire in order of the list, it's up to the sheriff.

      Comment


      • #78
        Hang in there....
        Last edited by NoBody312; 04-14-2016, 07:37 PM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Got the call. Everyone else waiting, keep your head up....
          Last edited by NoBody312; 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
            They're still hiring. Got the call today. See all you guys already on soon, and those in the list, keep at it, I thought I wasn't going to get it for a while there myself.
            Congrats!!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
              They're still hiring. Got the call today. See all you guys already on soon, and those in the list, keep at it, I thought I wasn't going to get it for a while there myself.
              I went to Dupage County a couple weeks and spoke to one of the deputy's who advised that they were still hiring. I didnt want to mention it and get anyone's hopes up. Congrats. Hope you are happy.

              Comment


              • #82
                Are they sending you guys to SLEA or Metro? Just curious.

                Comment


                • #83
                  I think they've been using PTI recently

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Oh okay thanks. I was way off! Kind of surprised though because SLEA is basically in their backyard.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      They go through two separate academies.
                      Last edited by NoBody312; 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
                        Just so you are aware.... You go through two seperate academies when you work for Dupage.

                        When you first get hired you're assigned to the corrections bureau. You go through their County Correctional Officer academy that is one of 2 external academies certified by PTI. (The other being Sangamon and PTI itself in Champagne). Its at Dupage County, it's 5 weeks long and you become certified as a county corrections officer through the state. (youvhave to pass the course and the written state exam just like the basic LE academy)

                        They don't send you to the patrol academy until you're number comes up for transfer.

                        I know they have used SLEA in the past (I mean it's COD and like 20 minutes away.)

                        I know I haven't started yet with them...... I know this info though because I worked for a neighboring county as a CO and went through their BCO Academy.
                        So I'm a little confused, did you get hired and DuPage is sending you to a CO academy because I think were talking about 2 different things; or are you making the transition from CO to the road already and going to a police academy? I'm not in the process here but I was trying to find out something for my own knowledge. I know Will County hires Road Deputies directly but I understand that they operate a little differently.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                          So I'm a little confused, did you get hired and DuPage is sending you to a CO academy because I think were talking about 2 different things; or are you making the transition from CO to the road already and going to a police academy? I'm not in the process here but I was trying to find out something for my own knowledge. I know Will County hires Road Deputies directly but I understand that they operate a little differently.
                          DuPage is similar to Cook County in that you have to start in the jail as a CO and go to the Corrections Academy (PTI is what they use) and then when you are eligible you can put in for patrol at which time if selected you would have to go to the patrol academy. I'm not sure what patrol academy they use. It's not like Will County where you can apply for patrol right out of the gates. You have to start in the jail first.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by anthonyv748 View Post
                            DuPage is similar to Cook County in that you have to start in the jail as a CO and go to the Corrections Academy (PTI is what they use) and then when you are eligible you can put in for patrol at which time if selected you would have to go to the patrol academy. I'm not sure what patrol academy they use. It's not like Will County where you can apply for patrol right out of the gates. You have to start in the jail first.
                            Yup. Only difference is with Cook County you have to apply to sheriffs police, and not many make it. This is why many consider it a patronage job and is based on "who you know" Dupage it is considered a transfer and based on you're seniority, nothing else.

                            Dupage has their own corrections academy at the sheriffs department through PTI. Most other sheriff's departments send their guys there or Sangamon.

                            When you want to transfer to the road and you out in for it they send you to a patrol academy at that time. I know in the past they used SLEA for their road guys..
                            Last edited by NoBody312; 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                              So I'm a little confused, did you get hired and DuPage is sending you to a CO academy because I think were talking about 2 different things; or are you making the transition from CO to the road already and going to a police academy? I'm not in the process here but I was trying to find out something for my own knowledge. I know Will County hires Road Deputies directly but I understand that they operate a little differently.
                              Dupage hires ALL new deputies to start in the jail. They do not hire directly to the road.

                              All deputies are classified the same, it's not like Will, Kane or Cook where they are Correctional Deputies And have different badges/patches/uniforms/powers of arrest. Dupage sees them all as deputies, same powers, carry ability, stars and uniforms for everyone.

                              You are initially assigned to the jail and Can transfer out to courts or patrol as you want when you're seniority number comes up.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by anthonyv748 View Post
                                DuPage is similar to Cook County in that you have to start in the jail as a CO and go to the Corrections Academy (PTI is what they use) and then when you are eligible you can put in for patrol at which time if selected you would have to go to the patrol academy. I'm not sure what patrol academy they use. It's not like Will County where you can apply for patrol right out of the gates. You have to start in the jail first.
                                Thank you Sir! Yeah I understand that part of it. I think that's a good thing to earn a spot (based on seniority) on the road after learning the foundation of the jails, so nothing wrong with that. I respect COs and POs alike.
                                Last edited by southpaw1; 04-14-2016, 02:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8511 users online. 377 members and 8134 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X