300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrob View Post
    Dtom, can you share your academy experience with dupage?

Is there academy the same as police depts?
    Turn your PM's on and messege me on there.

Dupage hosts the County Correctional Officer Basic Academy....

My experience was great. The instructors were fantastic, and I was able to learn a lot, more than the "standard" information they have to give you.

Comment

Has anyone on the list heard recently from DuPage?

Comment

Edited for reasons.
        Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-12-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Haven't got the call to come in for the psych or medical yet. Going off the previous timelines of applicants, that should happen in the next 1-3 weeks. Who knows though, things could be different with the holidays and such. Hopefully soon. I've also heard they are going to hire a handful of people but it's hard to nail down exact numbers.

Comment

I got letter to take my psych a month after being certified and then a week and a half after that I was sent on to medical...... But I've heard different stories.... I know of one person who was ahead of me being certified and was sent to the psych and medical only a week before me.

Oh and it will be a letter. You'll get a letter saying congrats you passed the Merritt commission .... And them one from the Sheriff's office sending you for Psych and then medical.....

They won't send a "congrats you passed the psych or medical" letter and they don't call except to offer you a job.
            Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I appreciate all the information. I did receive the letter from the Merit Commission stating I'm certified. Still waiting on the SD though. I'm assuming two different letters for the psych and medical? Or are both appointments contained in one letter? Again, I really I appreciate the information. Always nice to hear from someone in the process.

Comment

They're separate.

Comment

How long does it take to be a road deputy from the jail?

Comment

Anywhere from 2-7 years depending....from what I've been hearing. Lately it's been a bit quicker. All depends on your seniority and they're need for patrol.

Comment

Anyone have any new information? Are people starting to be hired off the list?

Comment

When does this list expire? And are they going to test again this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still waiting, I haven't heard anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I was told, the list was good for 2 years. I haven't heard anything since the list came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Bowfa View Post
                              From what I was told, the list was good for 2 years. I haven't heard anything since the list came out.

Which list are you on though?

There are two technically, Those who haven't been approved by the Merritt Board and those who were approved and have completed the Psych and Medical.

I have not heard anything yet.

There have only been a few (5 or so) hired between august and end of October/ beginning November, most of which were already certified CO's and cleared all steps before that point. No one has been hired since that last person at the end of October.

This was BEFORE the county board cut the Sheriff's head count by 10 (From 530 to 520). They weren't working at full strength anyways, but that definitely slows it down. They are in the middle of contract negotiations as well. The jail is short staffed, so hopefully the county board will relent and allow the sheriff to hire more.

They are holding another CO Academy in February, so hopefully we will be hearing something soon.
                              Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I'm on the initial list, haven't heard anything since I turned in my background packet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11618 users online. 372 members and 11246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X