300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILL DNR Conservation Police Officer Question

A friend of mine who lives in Berwyn sent me a notice that the Illinois DNR is recruiting for Conservation Police Officers and I was wondering if anyone could provide me some information regarding the agency? I would assume it deals not only with hunting related issues, but also fishing, boating, and other wilderness recreational activities.

Any issues with out of state applicants?

I did a quick google search and came across a few pictures of DNR Officers and a few wear a brown duty belt and others where the traditional black....just curious on that.

1) Out of state applicants are not restricted.
    2) The brown leather are old photos. They went to black about 10 yrs ago.
    183 FBINA

Comment

Here's the information as far as applying and testing. There is also a link to the agency website and all the qualification information. I'm not sure how the agency looks at out of state applicants, but don't let that deter you from testing. As far as the brown/black duty gear. The brown is the old uniform, but due to manufacturing and availability of the brown leather duty gear the agency switched to the black leather a few years ago. When it comes to enforcement Conservation Police are vested with full police powers within the State of Illinois. This means they have the ability to enforce laws which do not relate directly to Conservation. The agency's primary focus is resource protection (Wildlife, Fish, and Timber Enforcement) and recreational enforcement (Boats, Snowmobiles, and State Parks). The duties of the job change with the seasons. In the summer you're on a patrol boat, in the fall you're patrolling the woods checking hunters, in the winter you're on a snowmobile if you live in the northern part of the state, and in the spring it's a mixed bag of hunting, fishing, and boating. I hope this answers some of your questions here is the information I mentioned above.

Written exams for the position of Illinois Conservation Police Officer Trainee will be held May 5-8 at approved Central Management Services testing centers. The test will be used to form a list of eligible candidates from which trainees may be chosen for proposed police academy training.
      Prior to taking the test, submit a completed CMS 100 Application to Department of Central Management Services, Examining and Counseling, Room 500, Stratton Office Building, 401 S. Spring Street, Springfield, Il. 62706. All qualified applicants will be given the opportunity to take the written exam. If you are unable to mail the CMS 100, you may contact a testing center and take a completed CMS 100 to the testing facility for review prior to taking the exam.
      A list of required qualifications can be found at http://dnr.state.il.us/law3/career.htm .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6878 users online. 284 members and 6594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X