300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice wanted

I am currently going through the process with a department in Illinois which will be left unnamed. My question is, at what point in the process would it be a good time to go on a ride along with the department?

Originally posted by joe_spienge View Post
    I am currently going through the process with a department in Illinois which will be left unnamed. My question is, at what point in the process would it be a good time to go on a ride along with the department?
    I would say BEFORE you put in. This gives you a snapshot and may help you decide if it’s the department for you. Heck, some departments actually require applicants to do a ride-along for this very reason.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I would do it before any oral interview.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
        I would say BEFORE you put in. This gives you a snapshot and may help you decide if it’s the department for you. Heck, some departments actually require applicants to do a ride-along for this very reason.
        He's right I had to do one for a department, it was one of the steps, but like birdmang said before an oral interview would be beneficial! It helped knowing some information from an actual officer and gives good insight!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10485 users online. 530 members and 9955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X