X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Safety Officer-Glencoe

PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER
    VILLAGE OF GLENCOE - Glencoe, IL 60022
    Police/Firefighter/EMS Village of Glencoe is developing a Register of Eligibles for Public Safety Officer to perform police, fire, emergency medical duties. Applications available at Village Hall (675 Village Court, Glencoe, IL 60022, 847-835-4114) or at www.villageofglencoe.org Starting salary: $60,000 Submittal deadline: 4:30 p.m. on 05/19/14 EOE

Who has worked with Glencoe? And how would someone perform all three functions?

You're cross trained in all 3 fields. You go the whole 9 yards, Police Academy, fire/medic training, etc. A guy I know there said seniority gets first bid at what they want to work.

Comment

There was a guy on here that works for them. If you have an interest in doing Police and Fire, this and Rosemont are for you. In Rosemont you do both in a 24 hr. shift.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
        There was a guy on here that works for them. If you have an interest in doing Police and Fire, this and Rosemont are for you. In Rosemont you do both in a 24 hr. shift.
        I've always wondered how those guys work as far as representation/bargaining. Do they have their own union or something?

Comment

Here's a handy little tool for seeing what the pay is for different PD / FD's. The contracts have things like pay scale, what work items are supplied by the PD, number of holidays you get off, uniform allowance, educational allowances and if they pay for college, residency, etc. All stuff that is good to know before testing for some places.

http://www.bettergov.org/resources/c..._database.aspx

Just scroll down to the town and see their contract. All of the contracts have the pay scales in them, mostly near the end or an addendum at the end of the contract. Only one on there for Glencoe is their public works contract, though.
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 04-19-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Who's taking the test today? My buddy says there is gonna be close to 500 people there.

If I remember correctly people were complaining the last test because you were supposed to have memorized the packet they gave you, cause the questions were off of it. Not sure if its the same testing company.
            Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
              Who's taking the test today? My buddy says there is gonna be close to 500 people there.

If I remember correctly people were complaining the last test because you were supposed to have memorized the packet they gave you, cause the questions were off of it. Not sure if its the same testing company.
              Im taking it today as well. Do you know if there actually hiring?

Comment

The guy I know said yes.
                Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6507 users online. 301 members and 6206 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X