300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last on eligibility list

What are the odds of getting on to the next step if your last on the list, after oral interviews. (37 total people)

There aren't odds.

My friend was last on a list and he got out of the academy a few months ago.

Departments burn thru lists and they hire what they are looking for. Better to be last than not have tested.

Comment

That's awesome to hear, you just gave me a hope . This was my first COPS and FIRE test and oral interview. I'm glad I made it on the list and actually passed my first oral interview.

Comment

It all depends on the department. Some departments burn through their lists cause they hire frequent , lose guys, retirements, etc. Others, if you are below 10 you won't have a shot because they may not use their list, not have the budget, no approval to hire, etc. It all depends on the shape of the village and if they are expecting retirements/hires.

Comment

You passed and are on the list!

Comment

My very first oral interview put me dead last on a list of like 40. I was eventually contacted almost 2 years later asking if i still was interested, so yea, there is a very good possibility you could be called. At least you passed everything.

Comment

You never know what may happen at a PD over the course of a list. They may say they are hiring 2, but a year later the town does a buyout or early retirement thing, then all of a sudden they are hiring 5 more to fill the slots. Some people above you may not pass the poly, psych, med, etc, some above you may have got hired somewhere else. Some may not make it through the academy or FTO. All of a sudden, sitting on a list at #15 for a town that was hiring 2 when you took the test, their phone # is popping up on your caller ID with a "Are you still interested in being a P/O for XXXXXX?"

I worked for a burb that extended their list for another year (Home Rule Town) and went down to the high 50's, low 60's to hire a couple people.

But one thing is for sure,. You'll NEVER get that call if you don't take the test.
              Last edited by ChiTownDet; 04-19-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I hear those police & fire commissioners play favorites.

Comment

As others have perhaps better stated: where you are on the "yes you're eligible" list isn't as important as whether you're on it, and you're on it, so don't relax, get on the job, and then do the job.

Comment

See the Riverdale / Sauk Village update.

Comment

I'd say it all depends. I tested with an agency and was 27 on the list. They just offered me enployment about a week ago and the list went active around November of 2013. But in my case I'm a female so that might play a part.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11116 users online. 516 members and 10600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X