300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanard and Associates Test

What departments use them for testing? This one was a lot easier than Cops and Fire

Oak Park did. And Bartlett is using them coming up in May I believe

Comment

The only problem with a super easy test, I scored in the mid-90s....so did half of the other people in the room!

Comment

Did it take long to get the results?

Comment

Last time i took them was with Matteson, and they scored you right on the spot. Think i got a 93.

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
            Did it take long to get the results?
            Mine took about a week. I believe it is at the discretion of the PD. Everyone likes to do things their own way.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I hope I get mine by the end of the week.

Comment

No problem!...don't hold me to that, like I said every department is different tho.

Comment

I scored high 90's for a department and I was further down the list than I thought I'd be! Like southpaw said half the room scores high 90's and with preference well above 100!

Comment

The test is pretty straight forward though!

Comment

lol dont think that youll be getting a perfect score. that second part, the psychological part, will tank a lot of people even if they are perfect for police work.
                      Last edited by Glawk; 04-15-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

When it comes to results, it varies upon department. Some departments order a test form that they can hand score on their own. Others will use a different form that is scored by computer, which usually requires the exams to be sent back to Standard and Associates for results.

@Glawk I don't think S&A has a psych section? (at least that's what I think you meant, I don't recall a biology section either)
                        Jajajajaja

Comment

Really? oh snap, I just started this whole LEO process and I have never gotten to the psychological parts. How hard was it?
                          Last edited by newsti13; 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

My written exam consisted of math, reading, spelling/grammar, writing.

Comment

yeah the psych part. where they ask you "if you think its okay to work harder than everyone else and give them all the credit." or "if you think a little cheating is okay because its nothing compared to the wall street guys."

ive heard competing theories about those agree/strongly agree questions. some think if you answer those in all "strongly agree/disagree" that youre not gonna get a good grade because not everything is so black and white and there should be wiggle room and that stuff and vise versa.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11187 users online. 518 members and 10669 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X