300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lenox PD

Did anyone else on here test for New Lenox?

I did. First department I ever tested for that gave bonus points for exceeding the minimum in sit-ups only.
    Jajajajaja

Comment

Bonus for situps? really? Did not think it matters just as long as you hit the minimum.

Comment

It doesn't matter. There are no "bonus" points. SLEA people who conducted the power test said, as they will in the academy if you go to SLEA, don't just do the minimum and be done with it. Don't be a slug. Put your all into it.

In the academy, they don't want you doing the minimum to get by. And on the street, your fellow officers don't want you doing the bare minimum to get by either.

The "Bonus Point" thing was a joke.

Comment

Never heard about bonus points about the sit ups. But the sit up proctor did rant about our group just doing the minimal.

Comment

I figured it was bogus when we moved on to the bench where it was minimum only as well as the run. Our proctor was the one opposite of the sit and reach wall. He stated "bonus points" would be added based upon the percentage exceeding the minimum. I hope it was a joke, I saw guys pulling 50+ and I saw my rank on the list dropping right before my eyes!
            Jajajajaja

Comment

please post if you get your results from the written test for New Lenox

Comment

Dang it's been a week so far, still waiting.. ohhh the waiting game, why does time feel like it's going so slow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
                  Dang it's been a week so far, still waiting.. ohhh the waiting game, why does time feel like it's going so slow!!!
                  Not to discourage you but you need to develop some patience. A week is considered slow? Wait until you wait months, or sometimes even years before hearing from a department with an offer.

Good luck.
                  Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I was advised that they will be sending out written exam results in the end of May to the beggining of June.
                    Last edited by newsti13; 05-22-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Had anyone received anything by mail yet?

Comment

Nothing yet. I heard that we should get a letter around June 1. They are looking to hire 1-2.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I was thinking they said at the written that it would be "a couple weeks" from then. So I was worried maybe I didn't receive my letter.

Comment

I thought they said that too, and when I spoke to someone a couple weeks ago they told me they have to wait for their budget meeting and then figure out when the oral interviews will be and that we should be getting our results by June 1. So lets hope we do

Comment

Everyone else get the Initial list in the mail?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8769 users online. 401 members and 8368 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X