Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axelfoley4
    replied
    Heres why there was one of the openings... http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...001-story.html

Don't become this guy... Skokie is the only place i know that has their CSO's take 10-50's on the street and desk reports in the station. They seem to do most of the duties of the police without arrests and issuing Y tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Jblankster
    replied
    Don't think I did, got a call to take a polygraph next week!

Leave a comment:

• Eiba
    replied
    Don't **** up.

Leave a comment:

• Jblankster
    replied
    I have an interview for this Friday. I'm excited for the opportunity. Not sure what to prepare myself for since its my first CSO Interview. Anyone have any tips?

Leave a comment:

• southpaw26
    replied
    300 would not be out of the question honestly...but if it is lower than that, blame it on the tobacco policy (I don't smoke) that might scare a few people away. On the bright side, a new multi-million dollar police station and a great salary doesn't hurt and their CSOs almost make what some starting police salaries are.

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Chicago View Post
    Every CSO position that is advertised gets 500 applicants, look at min requirements everyone qualifies. You really have to stand out and prolly know someone that works there. It's not like applying for police department, they literally look at your resume/app choose top 25 with experience and take it from there idk this is just my view on it. I did not apply but I hope the best for you and everyone on this forum.
    I know Skokie had 2 different positions they are hiring and both deadlines were on due on the same day. CSO is community service officer, now you guys aren't talking about the Skokie Police Officer test they are conducting in May right? Just want to double check and make sure...

Leave a comment:

• mranderson77
    replied
    I've applied to a couple places and never even got an interview just a dq letter. How can I be DQ without taking a test ? LOL Sounds like another lawsuit! If they're looking for retired or disabled certified they should say so.

Leave a comment:

• Birdmang
    replied
    Whenever I see towns near me post these jobs I look for new CSOs in the area and they are always old. Maybe it's just me but that's what I see.

Leave a comment:

• 1987RoboCop
    replied
    CSO jobs are typically very hard to obtain, you will have anyone and everyone applying as NW Chicago stated. I remember I applied for an Elgin CSO position recently and there was about 600 applicants there. You have a much better chance just applying for Police Officer. At least I know if I score high I will get an interview, which I control.

Leave a comment:

• NW Chicago
    replied
    Every CSO position that is advertised gets 500 applicants, look at min requirements everyone qualifies. You really have to stand out and prolly know someone that works there. It's not like applying for police department, they literally look at your resume/app choose top 25 with experience and take it from there idk this is just my view on it. I did not apply but I hope the best for you and everyone on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw26
    replied
    I didn't, but they have 2 openings.

Leave a comment:

• kevmat9
    started a topic Skokie CSO

Skokie CSO

Anyone apply for this position?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7926 users online. 402 members and 7524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X