• Oct 2013

I didn't, but they have 2 openings.
    P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
    E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• NW Chicago
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2013

Every CSO position that is advertised gets 500 applicants, look at min requirements everyone qualifies. You really have to stand out and prolly know someone that works there. It's not like applying for police department, they literally look at your resume/app choose top 25 with experience and take it from there idk this is just my view on it. I did not apply but I hope the best for you and everyone on this forum.

Comment

• 1987RoboCop
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2014

CSO jobs are typically very hard to obtain, you will have anyone and everyone applying as NW Chicago stated. I remember I applied for an Elgin CSO position recently and there was about 600 applicants there. You have a much better chance just applying for Police Officer. At least I know if I score high I will get an interview, which I control.

Comment

• Birdmang
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2013

Whenever I see towns near me post these jobs I look for new CSOs in the area and they are always old. Maybe it's just me but that's what I see.

Comment

• mranderson77
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2012

I've applied to a couple places and never even got an interview just a dq letter. How can I be DQ without taking a test ? LOL Sounds like another lawsuit! If they're looking for retired or disabled certified they should say so.

Comment

• SomeChicagoDude
              Certified Sheepdog ®
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by NW Chicago
              Every CSO position that is advertised gets 500 applicants, look at min requirements everyone qualifies. You really have to stand out and prolly know someone that works there. It's not like applying for police department, they literally look at your resume/app choose top 25 with experience and take it from there idk this is just my view on it. I did not apply but I hope the best for you and everyone on this forum.
              I know Skokie had 2 different positions they are hiring and both deadlines were on due on the same day. CSO is community service officer, now you guys aren't talking about the Skokie Police Officer test they are conducting in May right? Just want to double check and make sure...
              "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• southpaw26
                PO
                • Oct 2013

300 would not be out of the question honestly...but if it is lower than that, blame it on the tobacco policy (I don't smoke) that might scare a few people away. On the bright side, a new multi-million dollar police station and a great salary doesn't hurt and their CSOs almost make what some starting police salaries are.
                P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
                E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• Jblankster
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2014

I have an interview for this Friday. I'm excited for the opportunity. Not sure what to prepare myself for since its my first CSO Interview. Anyone have any tips?

Comment

• Eiba
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2011

Don't **** up.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Jblankster
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2014

Don't think I did, got a call to take a polygraph next week!

Comment

• axelfoley4
                        Forum Member
                        • Dec 2009

Heres why there was one of the openings... http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...001-story.html

Don't become this guy... Skokie is the only place i know that has their CSO's take 10-50's on the street and desk reports in the station. They seem to do most of the duties of the police without arrests and issuing Y tickets.
                        Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12269 users online. 75 members and 12194 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...