300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markham pd 2014

The purpose of this thread is for applicants to share information regarding the testing/hiring process. Current/former officers are welcomed to post as well. Questions and answers between applicants that will benefit members are encouraged. Thank you.

Credits: Below is a job posting from The Blueline Website:

The Board of Fire and Police Commission for the City of Markham is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer

The City of Markham Police Department is a full service police department. The dedicated men and women of the Markham Police Department serve twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Currently Markham Police Department consists of the Administration Division, Investigations Division, Tactical Unit, Records Division, and Community Relations Section.

Applications are available at:

www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com

The application deadline is Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM

All applications must be returned to the office of:

C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service

200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201

Schaumburg, IL 60195

You must meet the following minimum requirements:

Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.

Driver’s License: Must have a valid IL Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one upon hiring.

Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday and be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (5/1/14) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.

Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)

Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.

Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.

Residency Requirements: Must reside within the 25 miles of the City of Markham boundaries at the time of appointment.

Additional information will be provided in the

application packet which can be Downloaded at:

www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com

There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee.

Applications are NOT available at the Markham Police Department or City Hall.

Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:

Orientation, Physical and Written Examination

Registration starts at 8:30 AM

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Orientation starts at 9:30 A.M.

Physical and Written Exam immediately following Orientation

Bremen High School

15203 S. Pulaski Road

Midlothian, IL 60445

Markham, IL Equal Opportunity Employer

Markham Fire and Police Commission
    Last edited by southpaw26; 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM.

Does anyone know if C.O.P.S. Testing accepts POWER Test cards (i.e. NIPSTA, Triton, JJC) or do you have to take it every time still?

Comment

So who's taking this test? I figured while waiting for CPD, it would be a good use of my time to keep testing!

Comment

Good luck to all that apply. If anybody has real questions about the department feel free to shoot me a PM.

Comment

I will be there! It looks like you have to take the POWER test for Markham.

Comment

I think sti is right you have to take the power test with them and have them miscount your laps and not even watch people do sit ups!

Comment

I've heard they tend to take their PT people for FT a lot of the time.

Comment

@SouthBurbs07 can you jump in and comment on this at all?

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                I've heard they tend to take their PT people for FT a lot of the time.
                How many PT guys do you have there? If you don't mind, thank you.

Comment

I just realized Skokie PD has the written on the same date! I hate when that happens. I don't want to overshadow this Markham thread with this but I honestly missed that and have to weigh my options now. I planned on testing at both and have never applied to either one before.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
                    I just realized Skokie PD has the written on the same date! I hate when that happens. I don't want to overshadow this Markham thread with this but I honestly missed that and have to weigh my options now. I planned on testing at both and have never applied to either one before.
                    wow that sucks

Comment

We have about 12 P/Ts I believe. ChiDet is right, in the past I know we've hired within, at least the older administration's did. Me and 1 other officer are the only FT officers that have been hired since 2011 and we came off that list, neither of us were PT or had any affiliation with the town so you can take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBurbs07 View Post
                        We have about 12 P/Ts I believe. ChiDet is right, in the past I know we've hired within, at least the older administration's did. Me and 1 other officer are the only FT officers that have been hired since 2011 and we came off that list, neither of us were PT or had any affiliation with the town so you can take that for what it's worth.
                        Yeah...I kind of figured he was right about that too. Just wanted some confirmation! There was another place that ended up doing the same thing. Thanks guys.

Comment

I decided to go with my gut on this one and test here. I want to start somewhere that I can gain some good experience. I am not counting on all their PT guys getting a spot with the new administration. Besides I miss those COPS and FIRE written/power tests! *sarcasm*

Comment

I took my first 2 tests for them in March and April, and now I see what everyone is talking about. I

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
                              I hate when that happens too. It happened to me twice already. Flip a coin!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9854 users online. 472 members and 9382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X