300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 mile run

My question is can you at anytime walk if need be? As long as you complete it in time?

you can walk, probably wont make it though.

Comment

If you have legs and a phone/watch you can figure this out. No thread needed.

Comment

What I meant was do they make you run the whole time? Like if you walk would you be dq'd

Comment

You can run, walk, power walk, Wednesday-morning-mall-walk, or run Mach 4. Anyway you can do it, they don't care. As long as you are under your time.

I don't recommend walking though. Once you lose your pace and go to a walk, it is usually hard to get back into it and adjust your breathing. If anything, slow to a small jog and adjust your breathing, then kick it back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
            What I meant was do they make you run the whole time? Like if you walk would you be dq'd
            I've seen people walk at NIPSTA and cook county tests and no one cares, you just have to make the time.

Comment

I care, don't be a slug.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

I agree. If you can't run a mile and a half you probably shouldn't be a cop. (at least in starting out)

Comment

If Nelson is your last name and your first name starts with R...abandon this thread and change your username. We should not be able to figure out who you are while you're anonymous.

Comment

The way I see it is, you should be prepared to out-perform the bad guy in every area if need be. It starts with your attitude. Like Eiba said, I care too! I don't want to see anyone walking that. Do what you need to do to get at that level. You need to eventually be able to take down a guy if you have to after sprinting down a few blocks.

Comment

At almost every testing I've been too in Illinois and Out-of-State I've seen guys finish the run and go back out and run with the guys struggling. It is hards like Raiden said to control your breathing after stopping running and you lose your pace. Just pace yourself and run/jog the whole way you should be fine. Like everyone has stated you can walk, jog, crawl, bear crawl, run backwards just do it in the given [email protected]

Comment

I workout 4-5 times a week, but I don't think it makes me a better officer. I know a couple of "physically challenged" older guys who are d*** good coppers. Younger guys like me can't wait for a foot chase, but I'm sure one day that'll eventually die down.

The way I look at it, if you can't run 1.5 miles in the set time - you don't want it bad enough. There are thousands of other guys that want this job. Let that be your motivation. Get in the gym and get fit.

And to answer your question, yes you can walk. Probably won't pass, but good luck eitherway.
                        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                          If Nelson is your last name and your first name starts with R...abandon this thread and change your username. We should not be able to figure out who you are while you're anonymous.
                          Whoa, easy there, J.Snuffy...

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                            I workout 4-5 times a week, but I don't think it makes me a better officer. I know a couple of "physically challenged" older guys who are d*** good coppers. Younger guys like me can't wait for a foot chase, but I'm sure one day that'll eventually die down.

The way I look at it, if you can't run 1.5 miles in the set time - you don't want it bad enough. There are thousands of other guys that want this job. Let that be your motivation. Get in the gym and get fit.

And to answer your question, yes you can walk. Probably won't pass, but good luck eitherway.
                            That is true. I'm just saying being prepared will just give you an edge on someone who wants to test you in your career.

Comment

Already asking if you can not put out 110% and still pass is bad for someone trying to break into LE. Like StephD said, there are thousands of others that want the jobs that are few and far between. So your mindset should be that even if you're not the fastest you will put out your best and that means you will be hurting when its over. Remember too, some departments who do their own POWER Tests might have folks on the board who also proctored the Power test. They'll remember the guys/girls who just did enough to pass.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2781 users online. 159 members and 2622 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X