300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Riverside

Did anyone get one of the 300 applications? They went pretty fast.

Relative of mine did.

Comment

Can anyone explain why some depts limit applications to a specific number?

Comment

They may pay a testing company by how many are tested. If it's a smaller place, why pay for 500 to be tested, when 100 or 150 may suffice, especially if you are only hiring 1 or 2 or none over the life of the list. Just as I'm sure towns pay for these companies to run a power test for them. I don't understand why any town would still have them since the power cards have come out.
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 02-18-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I got my application the 1st day it opened up.

Comment

I got one also, pretty excited about the power test.

Comment

Does anyone know whatsoever if they are gonna hire or just establish?

Comment

I couldn't make it. Did anyone here go?? How was it?

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
                  I couldn't make it. Did anyone here go?? How was it?
                  I went. It seemed to be a normal COPS test. Patrol commander and a veteran lady officer spoke as well as the head of the civil service commission. They gave out all the info people would normally want to know. I did not have to run the POWER test so I can't speak to how well that went. I've heard things about COPS run power tests...

Comment

Scoop. Any info on openings/hiring or just establishing a list?

Comment

They didn't say anything specifically that I remember, unless I missed it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
                        Scoop. Any info on openings/hiring or just establishing a list?
                        Top 25 get the first interviews and all the other passing scores get filtered in? Am I correct on that?

And no I didn't hear a word about how many they plan to hire or when.

Comment

Sounds like a cluster, glad I passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Je23 View Post
                            Top 25 get the first interviews and all the other passing scores get filtered in? Am I correct on that?

And no I didn't hear a word about how many they plan to hire or when.
                            Yes, thats what was said.

Comment

I went. I didn't take the physical agility because I had a recent power card. I think he said they are interviewing the top 20 or 25 first, and they will have an eligability list by May. I don't think they said if they are hiring or not, or if this was just to be on the list.

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
                              Yes, thats what was said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11225 users online. 520 members and 10705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X