X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by corona11 View Post
    My department offers us tuition reimbursement and I'm thinking of getting my masters. I was kind of curious if any of you guys on here have gotten your graduate degree, and if so what program/degree or schools did you go with. Thanks in advance for the replies.
    Master's of Public Admin from NIU. Strong network in the northern and western suburbs if you're located that way. You are bound to meet people you will come in contact with again. I wasn't the police when I started the program and got a chance to meet a chief in an informal setting that now wants me to lateral to his department. Also had a classmate that made D/C but I know him on a first name basis because we met as classmates before he made it to D/C. A lot of future city managers will be in those classrooms. That I guarantee you. Half the classes in DeKalb, many others you can get away with taking at Hoffman Estates and Naperville. Fire bosses in there as well.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    I can't give you much guidance as far as what to take. I just absolutely say go for it if they are paying. My PD recently did away with tuition reimbursement and we never thought that would happen. So go for it before it's pulled out from under you.

Leave a comment:

• corona11
    started a topic Graduate Programs

Graduate Programs

My department offers us tuition reimbursement and I'm thinking of getting my masters. I was kind of curious if any of you guys on here have gotten your graduate degree, and if so what program/degree or schools did you go with. Thanks in advance for the replies.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8705 users online. 452 members and 8253 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X