300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum age to be an Officer in Illinois

Does anyone know if the maximum age to be a police officer in Illinois can be waived if someone has served active duty in the military? I've been thinking of trying for a spot in OCS and am considering doing it for 20 years. If i do this I'll be older than the maximum age and would like to pursue LE afterwards as is only be in my 40s.

Short answer: no.

Longer answer follows:

Within the Constitution, an Act of the State Legislature can waive anything, and the Governor is empowered and required by law to commission Sheriffs upon their election. Can a requirement be waived? Yes of course it can.

The only real laws are those of physics and we're none too sure about even those.

Comment

The ISP has no maximum age limit. However there is mandatory retirement at age 60. The oldest that I remember hiring was a 54 yr old retired Army LtCol. Several 40+ yr olds have been hired by the ISP.
      183 FBINA

Comment

We had a 50yoa in my ISP class.

Comment

Wait. There are exceptions listed. Veterans is one and it's year for year (active duty) up to 45 years old. This is off memory, so please don't quote me. As ISPCAPT said, ISP could be a route. My Uncle was hired at 53. Left two years later to move back to UT. Could look into counties also.
          Last edited by LockednLoaded; 01-17-2014, 02:05 AM.
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10378 users online. 464 members and 9914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X