300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Off Duty Gig?

I've been working as a sworn police officer for a little over two years. I have been out of work (Duty Injury) for the past month and am ready to get back to work within the next couple of weeks. Due to my injury, my opportunity for OT has been eliminated and need to play a little catch up since the holidays.

I'm in the NW Burbs of Chicago and would like to find a easy going security detail that pays a decent buck. I'm also on permanent midnight shift so I believe evenings would be easiest for me. Thanks in advance.
    F.O.G. Holsters - The Last Holster You'll Ever Need

What does your department say about this? That's the bigger issue. I assume you aren't talking about starting the OT gig before you return to work.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

I need to wait till i return to work before I do any side jobs. Once I return to work my second employment must be approved by the Chief prior to beginning employment.

Comment

Check out:

http://www.chicagofop.org/resources/employment/

Comment

Thanks for the link! Most of these jobs ok with Non-CPD cops?

Comment

I'd check the Community Colleges up that way. Waubansee, harper, Oakton. A few of the far flung N/ NW burbs that have PT guys. Most seem like pretty quiet joints.

Comment

Originally posted by bigman30685 View Post
              Thanks for the link! Most of these jobs ok with Non-CPD cops?
              It should be ok.

Almost ALL CPD coppers are working VRI / the Violence Reduction Initiative on their days off for time and half (of our regular pay!)

I made well over $55,000 alone in VRI overtime last year.

Comment

I was doing a holiday off duty detail with an off duty CPD (Walmart Black Friday - $40 an hour cash) and he was telling me about the unlimited amount of OT. Must be nice! But since we are a smaller department where OT is offered for DUI grants, other holiday traffic grants etc. its hard to grab it. I do know some companies are biased to CPD only. Not that I disagree with it because it is nice to see loyalty is still alive to the guys that protect the most violent city in America. Keep up the hard work, go home safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8690 users online. 347 members and 8343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X