300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Testing Procedures Ahead

It's possible. And, I will say that it might be here before we know it.

Alike, NIPSTA sure changed the world of police testing with testing administrators. Sorry to C.O.P.S. and Sidbeck Sr. and Jr. They lost some extra bankroll because of NIPSTA after running their family ordaned physical tests and selling it to FPC as a package deal. Well, I have a feeling a new written testing service will be approaching IL soon using different methods from what we are use to. National Testing Network (NTN). Other states are using it (ten total not including IL). $45 for a written and another $45 for a retake. The key I am finding is that once you take the test once it can be applied to all departments choosing to use NTN and can be applied to the current department for $7. Hence, no more writtens. The bad, once you fail the written twice you can't take their written again for six months.

Guess keep an eye out on NTN. More locations are being added in the last two months in IL. I have seen two FPCs discuss it and some municipalities submitting RFPs including NTN. Looks like the police writtens are being target to CCs.
    Last edited by LockednLoaded; 01-09-2014, 08:04 PM.
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

lol I think I would have understand your post better if I knew what FPC, RFP, and CC meant.
    Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

Sorry.

FPC=Fire and Police Commission/Civil Service
      RFP=Request for Proposal
      CC=Community College
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Might be a way to test out of state without leaving the state.......

Comment

Good point. Might be. I have a feeling it's coming. A city is ready to approve the company at a council meeting soon. I see them setting the precedence for other cities to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
            Sorry.

FPC=Fire and Police Commission/Civil Service
            RFP=Request for Proposal
            CC=Community College
            Haha thanks, much better! If I was testing I would like this concept.
            Formerly "TheAxolotl"

Comment

This would be cool. No need to keep taking Saturdays off work.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

I doubt this goes widespread.

There are a lot of departments in Illinois that frown upon applications who are on multiple lists, in fear of hiring an applicant who will eventually leave for "bigger and better" (hypothetically). Take Riverside for example. Having their test on the same day as Chicago, was a clear sign Riverside wants serious applicants and not applicants who will leave for Chicago at the 1st chance given.

Remember, Chiefs look at new hires as investments. An applicant who can submit his test scores to multiple departments with ease most likely isn't in the best interest of most Chiefs. As crazy as it sounds, the long strenuous process of filling out new applications, submitting additional paperwork, attending orientations, and so on....show that the applicant is serious about that department.
                Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

^I agree with Dakel, well-said! These smaller municipalities make you jump through hoops for a reason. You fill out 30-page application/pre-background packets, get physican approvals, etc. (you get the point) for a reason. It's not to make you go broke and lose your other job, it's kind of a test of your commitment and how much you really want that job, with that specific department. Besides if you're not willing to do that "little" paperwork, your definitely in for a surprise! Even with all this technology, some departments are still far behind it, just ask your local patrolman...in a city near you

Comment

I don't believe it will become common place either. First, each municipality likes to have their own little fiefdom. They like to run things themselves. Only reason testing services are used is because the tests they give have been found to be upheld in courts against lawsuits. Second, no town wants to be handed a list of 2000 people to weed through for a hire. Third, a lot of towns want "local talent" or at least to be attractive to local people that know the geography, racial make up, politics of the town. Southpaw and Steph said it best. They are looking for people that are interested in THEIR town, not someone wanting to get on the job any and everywhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7982 users online. 273 members and 7709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X