Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for classes for concealed carry permit?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for classes for concealed carry permit?

Hi guys, I am in Berwyn and want to get going on training for a CC permit. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing this reasonably priced and legit being on the approved State Police list?

PM sent, I put up a post a few weeks back for interested members-

Comment

Ok, can't send you private messages. PM or email me if you'd like more info about my organization and the discounted classes for forum members-

Comment

Roseboys, I saw your older post. What are you charging for the two day class.

Comment

You can find a list of all the instructors on the ISP website.
          https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/Public/FindInstructor.aspx
          There are 2 listed in Berwyn.
          Last edited by ISPCAPT; 12-16-2013, 08:26 PM.
          183 FBINA

Comment

Dang, saw about 8 names that I know on that list.

Comment

I saw that list already. I was hoping for someone who actually used someone and say that it's worth it to use them and that the price was fair.

Comment

Spartan Security Services is offering the classes at Harlem Ave / Lawrence Ave. It's $250 for two days and that includes range and lunch. www.spartansecurityil.com
                Last edited by ModerateLiberal; 12-26-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I see Jody Weis ; AKA: J-Fled is listed as an instructor !

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                    Dang, saw about 8 names that I know on that list.
                    A lot of people have complained about the change in legislation with CC. Plenty of recognized names listed. Glad to see it.
                    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

$150 for 5 years or $300 for out of state for 5 years? Insane... I think it is funny that active military only get 8hrs credit toward the class.

Comment

Not that I'm all for all the requirements. But as far as military goes, they primarily shoot rifles and aren't taught state laws and civil liability. Seems fair to me, I don't think they should get a complete free pass since there's a lot of subject matter the military would not have taught.
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

I don't know if it's too far for you, but I took the class with Metro-Training from DeKalb. They used the facilities at the new shop RKA Gun Gallery in Plano. I think their price is toward the higher end of the spectrum but they are very thorough and professional. I learned some skills in the class I didn't have before.

http://metro-training.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                            Not that I'm all for all the requirements. But as far as military goes, they primarily shoot rifles and aren't taught state laws and civil liability. Seems fair to me, I don't think they should get a complete free pass since there's a lot of subject matter the military would not have taught.
                            Some good points. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I can't see these classes being able to emphasize and help people retain major information in only 16hrs. Specially since Illinois has some complicated gun laws. Not counting that, and teaching people how to use and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                              Good point with the state law and civil liability. In terms of weapon safety and muzzle awareness etc. that's completely transferrable. I had fired rifles for a decade before I ever fired a handgun and my introduction to it was extremely fluid and smoothe...also because military firing ranges are 100Xs more anal than law enforcement ranges and they move slowwwwwww.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9434 users online. 438 members and 8996 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X