Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work with a guy from Lyons. Yes. They were battling it for quite some time, but the department is actually cutting all those Officers. It's lousy.

Comment

Wonder who'd going to do follow ups on things like res. burg, auto burgs, crim. damages, robberies, crim. sex ***., auto thefts, batteries, agg. batts etc., since they now have no Dics on their PD. They going to have the 1 or 2 cars they have on patrol do it? Sucks to be a crime victim in Lyons.

Their Chief, after retiring from CPD, had the last place he was Chief blown off the face of the map by a hurricane, now this place implodes on him. Maybe he should stay retired this time.
      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
        Actually not cool at all. Granted the OP should have linked to the backing article, but this is hardly a situation to find humor in.
        Here is what "Cool Story Bro" Means

“Cool Story, Bro” is a catchphrase often seen in image macros as a sarcastic response on message boards or in comments to posts that are deemed boring, pointless or too long to read (TL;DR).

Comment

I'm well familiar with what the phrase means, and it was still not an appropriate response to the situation. It's usually a troll comment, and to throw a stupid meme catch phrase out there when people are losing their jobs is pretty much a classless move.
          Last edited by dogcop; 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Had a conversation about what's going on with a former County guy from years back. He's surprised this is all going on since it's neighbored by some pretty good areas (sarcasm). Sorry to hear those officers getting laid off terrible news... Hopefully they get picked up or something good comes out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
              Apparently this was not just a scare tactic...Lyons appears to be following through with cutting it's PD by a third and dissolving their Detective Division. This is the link to the story:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=9499431

I see...how I wish I was right this time, not for me but for those guys and their families.

Comment

It appears this is not simply going to be a short lived thing or over in a month or two.

I feel bad for the ones left to work 6+ days in a row when they're on 12 hour shifts or longer than 12 hours when there's a last minute sick call. Now that the weather is warming up, you know how they come out of the woodwork...it's only going to get worse.

As it is, Lyons relies frequently on the surrounding towns to assist on calls (mostly on the 6p-6a shift). Now they go and lay off 7 guys after they're already down 6 through attrition. And the town expects that the other towns are going to rick their guys lives and safety to assist Lyons bc their town is purposely choosing to get rid of them?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6613 users online. 357 members and 6256 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X