300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
    It's a good time to be a Texan from what I hear That's where i'm going. Check out the Texas threads.
    I've noticed tons of postings for the police officer in Texas. I'm thinking of giving Dallas a try bc the smaller towns require some kind of certification unless there is a way I can get that too.

Comment

Originally posted by dansik View Post
      Virginia has quite a few larger departments that hire in large quantities regularly. Virginia Beach runs 2 academies/year with 30-40 in each class.
      I was looking at prince William county. You have any idea on what kind of turnout to exams those departments have?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
        I've noticed tons of postings for the police officer in Texas. I'm thinking of giving Dallas a try bc the smaller towns require some kind of certification unless there is a way I can get that too.
        I'm thinking to go in Jan or Feb? I applied there just a few days ago. I'm not too sure about certification in smaller towns tho. I'm sure someone on here could help with that. Good luck!

Comment

For out of state, Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office is hiring about 200 patrol deputy's. Bad part is you need to really make yourself stick out and impress the brass because they only hire
          10% of applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by GlockGuy24 View Post
            For out of state, Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office is hiring about 200 patrol deputy's. Bad part is you need to really make yourself stick out and impress the brass because they only hire
            10% of applicants.
            In Florida that is.

Comment

out of state for sure.

I have Texas and Arizona for sure coming up and currently looking into Iowa.
              Dallas was testing the last 3 months....each test i have paid for an IL test so that sucked.
              also i hear that texas and il certifications almost transfer over completely, go out there and come back if you dont like it.

Wisconsin is hard because you are competing against pre-certified guys. they'll take a fat cheesehead over a FIB!

Comment

Originally posted by j89 View Post
                Like the others have said, test everywhere until you get on. Two years and 35 tests later, I am about to get sworn in this week. Luckily, this was one of the departments I really wanted to work for too. Just keep knocking and someone will answer the door!
                im almost at your same mark. Congrats! if you dont mind where'd you land? pm me

Comment

Only way to become Texas cert for smaller depths is the tclose only military mps and cops out of state can take that exam . Other then that apply at big depts

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Hammer1 View Post
                    I was looking at prince William county. You have any idea on what kind of turnout to exams those departments have?
                    Beach was the only Virginia exam I went to, there were about 40 people there that day (multiple testing dates). I keep hearing they want to run bigger academies, but aren't getting enough qualified people.

Comment

Originally posted by moto111 View Post
                      Only way to become Texas cert for smaller depths is the tclose only military mps and cops out of state can take that exam . Other then that apply at big depts
                      Thanks for answering that!

Comment

You can self sponsor through an academy in Texas. It would be a large leap of faith to move across the country with no job lined up though. Dallas hires 200+ a year, I enjoyed my time there, minus the low pay.

Comment

If you test a lot in Iowa, there is one standard written test. It's pretty nice because almost every place I tested let me transfer my best score as long it was within the past year. Also I don't think I ever paid an application fee. But what everyone else is saying is true. Test everywhere you can. It's frustrating for a while but then it'll seem like all of a sudden everyone comes calling at once. Take whatever you can get, get some experience, then after a while you'll probably be able to shop around. Good luck!
                          Last edited by tut89; 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

look at some departments in indiana... i took my FIRST police test EVER at a smaller department in northwest indiana and here i am 2 weeks from swearing in almost a year after i applied. Its what i want to do but not WHERE i want to do it. Mainly looking for the experience.

Side note: does anyone know if there is any kind of transfer from indiana certs to IL?

Comment

Indiana ehh. I'd prefer to go somewhere warm lol! But hey experience is experience!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10405 users online. 412 members and 9993 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X