300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkeley PD

Did anyone apply here? Does anyone have information on the department (are they hiring, morale)?

Some big time backstabbers out there. Nothing much happening out there, but expect you to be "aggressive" over nothing. If you can say on the radio "I got traffic at 5800 St. Charles" about 5 times a night, you work in Berkeley.

Comment

Originally posted by scoop34 View Post
      Did anyone apply here? Does anyone have information on the department (are they hiring, morale)?
      just saw this today....did you test?

Comment

I tested.. how about you LEO?

Comment

Originally posted by L.E.O View Post
          just saw this today....did you test?
          I did. I'd never taken a C.O.P.S test before. What did you think? It would have been nice to get to talk to some of the officers though.

Comment

Yeah kinda BS that not ONE single person from the Berkley police department showed up to give an orientation. My first C.O.P.S test as well. i must say i did not like it.. extremely rushed i finished each section RIGHT when time was called. the guy next to me had 5-10 in each section he didnt finish. and if that guy yelled "PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN!" one more time i was going to lose it

Comment

Originally posted by GsxHanner View Post
              Yeah kinda BS that not ONE single person from the Berkley police department showed up to give an orientation. My first C.O.P.S test as well. i must say i did not like it.. extremely rushed i finished each section RIGHT when time was called. the guy next to me had 5-10 in each section he didnt finish. and if that guy yelled "PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN!" one more time i was going to lose it
              I was not a fan at all. There were a couple sections I didn't have time to finish. The part that was killing me is how he was struggling to read the directions.

Comment

LOL!! yeah same here.. highly doubt ill be giving them anymore of my money

Comment

LOL!! yeah same here.. highly doubt ill be giving them anymore of my money
                  I was thinking the exact same thing. Did you see that there were typos in the testing book lol? WTH, no spell check, huh?

Comment

COPS is difficult at first, but if you keep taking their tests, your scores will improve every time. It seems like a lot of departments are using COPS or Selection Works now.

Comment

There were a couple parts of it where I was thinking, "theres no way I'm supposed to finish this in the allotted time"

Comment

Yea I was there.
                        And yes those test suck but you're not ment to finish all the sections in the time allowed.
                        The only thing I hate about those test is that the guy who runs it can't read! It's so hard to follow along when he's making up words! And yes I wish there were cops to talk to. We'll see what happens. Seems like there were a lot of first timers there.
                        So if they are actually hiring 2 I think I like my chance.
                        I don't want to make fun of anyone there that took the test but I'm sure the people on this forum are the competent ones who actually can't wait to be the police because it's their calling not a job, But. Jesus Christ some of the conversations I overheard from people. Let's just hope that of one of us gets the job and that they don't!
                        Last edited by L.E.O; 12-19-2013, 09:25 PM. Reason: On mobile with autocorrect!

Comment

One* one of us

Comment

I've never even heard of Berkley

Comment

if that guy yelled "PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN!" one more time i was going to lose it
                              That never gets old, lol. Same guy every time too. I wasn't there but that guy's a character. I know exactly who your talking about.

Originally posted by illiniguy929 View Post
                              I've never even heard of Berkley
                              Same here! I think it's west of the Maywood area?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9775 users online. 443 members and 9332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X