Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say about cops and fire. What a joke ....

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw26 View Post
      That never gets old, lol. Same guy every time too. I wasn't there but that guy's a character. I know exactly who your talking about.

Same here! I think it's west of the Maywood area?
      West of Bellwood and Hillside on St. Charles Rd. Not much to the town, not much of a PD. Be lucky if they hire 1 off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
        West of Bellwood and Hillside on St. Charles Rd. Not much to the town, not much of a PD. Be lucky if they hire 1 off the list.
        "Put your pencils down" guy said they were looking to hire 2.

Comment

Dang, replacing a quarter of the dept...

Comment

Originally posted by illiniguy929 View Post
            All I have to say about cops and fire. What a joke ....
            How they run their Power tests are a bigger joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
              How they run their Power tests are a bigger joke.
              Yeah when I did Hoffman Estates the dude missed two of my laps I'm like really???

Comment

Some people they will grade hard and be strict with form and what not. Others they will let them get away with god awful sit ups and even pass them if they don't meet the min. They barely pay attention to the run and will miss laps (I've had it happen before too). I've always been vocal about my dislike for that company.

I remember when I tested with Midlothian (not the previous test). This girl failed the bench & sit ups and they continued to let her participate and told her "she would just need to work on it before the academy". She failed the run and they FINALLY told her she officially failed and had to sign out. Yet I saw guys who failed the sit-ups by one or two and they were failed on the spot. The company is a joke. Here's an idea. Get some actual employees that know what they are doing instead of your attention-span-of-a-goldfish children to do run times and scores...

Comment

My voice level is at a 3, you don't want me to go to a 10! Lol, that guy is more then a character.

Comment

Lol, exactly. If you want more hilarity, ask him if you can wear a watch during the written. He will go into a 20 minute rant about how you will pay attention to the watch and not the test, and how you should pay attention to the test, and how it wouldn't make sense, etc. Yet will never actually give you an answer in his rant, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                      Lol, exactly. If you want more hilarity, ask him if you can wear a watch during the written. He will go into a 20 minute rant about how you will pay attention to the watch and not the test, and how you should pay attention to the test, and how it wouldn't make sense, etc. Yet will never actually give you an answer in his rant, lol.
                      I was afraid to ask that guy and his 3 generations of family (that he brings to each test) any questions, lol!

Comment

For real, lol. I'm thinking COPS is just a poverty, family run business. BRB, "professional" testing for police Officer's . . . has 15 year kid playing on his iphone timing your run. Really? REALLY??

Comment

ahahha! The stories and B.S I hear about that company just makes me think what you just said Raiden is spot on!

Comment

I get disappointed when I find out their running a new test...only thing that comes to mind is:..."the circus is in town, again!"
                            Last edited by southpaw26; 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

haha southpaw!

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a fan of these guys either. If you took the Midlothian test this year you'll remember that they couldn't staff both the bench press and sit and reach at the same time. The physical test always takes awhile but with these guys whatever time it should take gets doubled.

I also like how the guy who reads the instructions wants you to believe that he'll kick your butt right out for having the pencil in your hand but will let people "redo" their scantrons if they fill out one of the test parts in the wrong section. Once again, if you were at Midlothian you'll remember how many people did that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8565 users online. 463 members and 8102 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X