300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champaign PD Experienced Hiring

Just curious if anyone had any info on the experienced hiring process? Timeline of length to get hired. Or any info on the PD...pay, longevity, equipment, and take homes ect...Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Send me a private message.

Comment

Good department. Would be a good place to lateral too. The Chief is working on rebuilding the department and bringing back some of the specialty units. The PD has also been able to increase their manpower. I believe the city added 5 positions for this last hiring cycle. Rumor was that they were going to hire 4 or 5 lateral right now. There are a lot of guys that have come from PDs all over the country and state. You will be the police there... i.e. shootings, robberies, you name it.

As far as the time it takes to get hired. I am not too sure. I don't work there personally but from my experience, guys that I know have lateraled there it took less than 6 months. I believe they start your pay depending on your experience. They have the new ford interceptors but they are not take homes. Equipment seems decent. They have a pretty large PD that you get time out of your 40 hr week to work out.

ANy other questions, message me and I can see what I can do to answer em

Comment

I applied to Champaign PD as a lateral. Currently in the process. How is the morale at the department?

Comment

Did anyone show their ID to someone before you went into the room for today's test which orientation begins in 3 minutes? They just handed me this yellow slip that says to present this slip at check-in...
          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Guess no one else did. Orientation is starting.
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Is that for entry level?

Comment

Yes it is. Written exam just finished.

Comment

Did you have to drive all the way to champaign to take the written?!

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                    Did you have to drive all the way to champaign to take the written?!
                    Yep I did. It's a 2.5 hour one way from my house and such a boring drive. I left at 0540 in the morning. Eating at Applebee's in Bradley, IL now before heading back home, I'm hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                      Yep I did. It's a 2.5 hour one way from my house and such a boring drive. I left at 0540 in the morning. Eating at Applebee's in Bradley, IL now before heading back home, I'm hungry.
                      You should've got me the 2 for $20 meal.

Good luck on the ride back.

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                        You should've got me the 2 for $20 meal.

Good luck on the ride back.
                        Thanks man, I'm home.

They're taking the top 100 scores only on the written exam and will schedule the top 100 for the oral board interview on April 7th.

If I make it in the top 100 I'll obviously be going back for that boring driving down to Champaign, however if there are any girls on this forum that would like to go with me so I won't be bored, please PM me. My only requirement is that she must be cute. A recent physician's study at the Walter Reed medical center valiantly proves that cuteness in a girl helps to reduce boredom by 67.3%. In exchange we can discuss the police officer hiring process.

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.
                        Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 03-21-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Little advice. Most IL departments hire 2 or 3...maybe 10 at slightly larger agencies. My advice if you are trying to pursue a career in law enforcement...expand your testing outside the state of IL. The state of Texas is a good choice based on some of the research I've done. Indianapolis, Metro DC, San Diego, LA, Houston, Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Jose (CA)...Just throwing some departments out there....Even Decatur, IL. That department (decatur) rocks! I have done 8 years. When i finished college i tested for like 7 or 8 agencies before i got hired. You guys keep testing. Something will definitely come through. Those departments mentioned are hiring in the hundreds for the next 2 or 3 years at least....Oh Phoenix AZ will be open Monday. I have been doing a ton of research because of the probability of relocating.

Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jehende View Post
                            Little advice. Most IL departments hire 2 or 3...maybe 10 at slightly larger agencies. My advice if you are trying to pursue a career in law enforcement...expand your testing outside the state of IL. The state of Texas is a good choice based on some of the research I've done. Indianapolis, Metro DC, San Diego, LA, Houston, Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Jose (CA)...Just throwing some departments out there....Even Decatur, IL. That department (decatur) rocks! I have done 8 years. When i finished college i tested for like 7 or 8 agencies before i got hired. You guys keep testing. Something will definitely come through. Those departments mentioned are hiring in the hundreds for the next 2 or 3 years at least....Oh Phoenix AZ will be open Monday. I have been doing a ton of research because of the probability of relocating.

Good luck guys!

I think you're spot on, I moved from Washington state where I was offered a job by the biggest county. So if you ever thought about the Pacific northwest, you should look into King County Sheriff's office and Seattle pd. Also, Louisville is not that far but definitely worth applying too. I'm in the opposite category, I applied to one department in Illinois and moved 2000 miles to come here for the job.

Comment

Yea I forgot to mention Seattle and King County. Few agencies I looked into. It's a great career and the badge is worth following. Later, you can always come back to here...but I doubt it. Most that leave never want to return except to visit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11363 users online. 510 members and 10853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X